Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Polaris General Deluxe RC
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OK, Tatertots, reporting back. Your right, I just need a little video courage. Happened to have an 8x3/8 inch bolt so along with a couple of washers and one socket for spacer didn't spend anything for the tool. Sorry Hunterworks. Secondary came off pretty easy. Used a #8 nail with point ground flat for my pin driver and managed to not knock them out.. All good. Had very little ware from my 1200 miles with square pucks, but the new Hunterworks are installed G4 is back together and runs well.

Thanks again Tatertots.....and Hunterworks
Excellent! I'm so glad my video helped! I love to hear that.

Good luck with your changeover, Jack! Let us know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
2021 Gen2
73 Posts
Video played fine on my IPhone. Nice job! Oh,and that plate you removed with your homemade tool with the 4 screws is called a helix plate. The helix is the first machined part that you removed after plate was removed. This gives you your engine breaking. FYI.

·
Registered
2017 Polaris General Deluxe RC
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for the info Kooter & Todd! Now I know what they're called! Yay! :)

·
Registered
2022 G2 XP RC
300 Posts
thanks for posting this video @TaterTots I'm new to dealing with these types of clutches and belts and just received my rollers from Todd. You also confirmed my plans for a DIY clutch spring compressor tool. No offense to Todd @Hunterworks, his clutch spring compressor looks great - just trying to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
2022 G2 XP RC
300 Posts
This seems like a good place to add this to. Many of you probably already know this information, but many of us newer folks do not. This is the tolerance information from the Polaris Service Manual for the OE sliders. This should help anyone replacing them determine if the stationary sheave is too far worn.

Font Circle Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Todd has videos on his website on how to do everything and he sells everything you’ll need to change out your square pucks.
Cheers Baja Charlie

·
PolarisGeneralForum.com Vendor
646 Posts
correct but her video is start to finish, Todd’s assumes you already know how to remove the secondary. I like to know exactly what I’m getting into first.
We have a separate video for that and interestingly enough that is our #1 watched video over either 300k or 200k times

Todd

·
646 Posts
This was supposed to be a simple thanks to a community member for taking their own time to create and share a helpful video, not a comparison to the @Hunterworks content.
Understood, my replies are not just to you. Anyone reading this may or may not know we have it all covered and think they have to go elsewhere for info is all.

·
Registered
2022 G2 XP RC
300 Posts
Understood, my replies are not just to you. Anyone reading this may or may not know we have it all covered and think they have to go elsewhere for info is all.
Consider adding a link to your secondary clutch removal video on your website where your roller products are at (same place you reference the roller install video). I did find your content after searching but it would be helpful if it were in the same location. You can also add a link to your secondary clutch removal video in your you tube roller installation video. This would be helpful for us complete noobs.

·
646 Posts
Consider adding a link to your secondary clutch removal video on your website where your roller products are at (same place you reference the roller install video). I did find your content after searching but it would be helpful if it were in the same location. You can also add a link to your secondary clutch removal video in your you tube roller installation video. This would be helpful for us complete noobs.
Both items are now in place, link to secondary removal on roller page and end screen on roller video, thanks for the tip

21 - 36 of 36 Posts