Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Polaris General Deluxe RC
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of reading when I got my General, I decided I wanted to try to prevent the destruction of my secondary from the stock square "thingies" in there. I heated up the garage and did the job in no time.

Here's my start to finish How-To video. Sometimes not knowing what to expect is the barrier to doing a job; hopefully, this will help.
Plus, I show how to make a compressor tool for about $2.

If I can do it, you can do it! :smile2:

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
When i click on it, it says video unavailable.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh no. I wonder why. I'll go see if there's something wonky. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: It plays in Safari, Chrome and on my iPhone for me. Is it doing the thing where it looks like a blank screen and it says "an error has occurred"? I get that a LOT on youtube. I have to refresh the video page then it plays.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Still wouldn't play so i had to right click and then clicked on copy video url and opened new tab and pasted that and then it would come up.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It worked fine for me with Safari. That was a great tutorial TaterTots.
Great! Thanks for letting me know! :smile2:

Johnny 7, I wonder why. That's odd. I wish I could help with that, but I really don't know what would cause playback issues. Thanks for going through the trouble to watch it, though!

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Nicely done Video, I wasn't able to view it by the link either. I went to You Tube and searched and found it that way. I made a similar tool for doing mine, much better than buying one. Enjoy your General!

Reactions: TaterTots

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you!

I wish I knew why the video is not displaying properly. I appreciate everyone's effort to watch it, though!.

·
Registered
2019 General G2 Ride Comand
174 Posts
Nice video and I didn’t have any problems getting it to load. For a few dollars I too made my own Tool for separating the Clutch halves.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent! Thanks!

It's nice that all it takes is a simple tool, for sure. That was kind of my main hesitation about doing the whole job until I thought about what the tool really does. Then it was clear. lol!

·
Registered
85 Posts
TaterTots, When I click on a posted video on this site I typically get an error message also as it does not automatically send me to You Tube but if I click on the black (you tube ) bar just above your opening screen I am redirected to the You Tube site and the video plays. Thank you for making it look doable. I have been reluctant to start this project but will follow your lead. Thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TaterTots, When I click on a posted video on this site I typically get an error message also as it does not automatically send me to You Tube but if I click on the black (you tube ) bar just above your opening screen I am redirected to the You Tube site and the video plays. Thank you for making it look doable. I have been reluctant to start this project but will follow your lead. Thanks.
Thanks for the tip with the video. Maybe just clicking the upper black bar is the easiest way to view the video.
Please report back how your changeover to the rollers goes. You can do it! :smile2:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol! Sorry about that!
I'm sure yours is WAAAAY better for anyone who does this sort of thing regularly, though!:smile2:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great! Thanks!
It must be a browser issue? I'm a Mac geek & it plays correctly in Safari, Chrome & my iPhone, but I can't check on a Windows machine. I'm blaming Windows. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
OK, Tatertots, reporting back. Your right, I just need a little video courage. Happened to have an 8x3/8 inch bolt so along with a couple of washers and one socket for spacer didn't spend anything for the tool. Sorry Hunterworks. Secondary came off pretty easy. Used a #8 nail with point ground flat for my pin driver and managed to not knock them out.. All good. Had very little ware from my 1200 miles with square pucks, but the new Hunterworks are installed G4 is back together and runs well.

Thanks again Tatertots.....and Hunterworks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts