Polaris General Forum banner
221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000 XP 4 Deluxe
106 Posts
argh...this is terrible news. I'm sorry. And being you ordered Jan 5, it's likely this applies to the rest of our orders too. absolutely ridiculous they don't like you choose color. did they give you a ship time for the 2022 and guarantee that you are going in front of the other 2022 orders that have already been placed? Not like their word means much at all right now...did they not give any form of good will credit?
No guarantees on anything. No credit no anything I’ll keep everyone posted when I here more
There is no way you aren’t getting a credit. I had some shenanigans happen and I got a free extended warranty and a good chunk of store credit out of them. Not to mention they upgraded me to ride command for free by mistake.

·
Registered
2017 General 4
309 Posts
I agree. Sounds like your dealer is jerking you around. Talk to the new sales manager or the owner of that dealership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am hoping that ours does come in and doesn't get pushed to a 2022 like some of you are hearing. I ordered ours March 2nd XP 4 military tan with ride command. Last dates I got was 7/2-8/2. So I am waiting to see what's going to happen. I call polaris and all they say that they can't tell me what's holding it up and to call back in a week to see if dates change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum, just thought I’d give the time frame ours took. Ordered General 1000 Deluxe (no ride command) on April 9th…..last update said 6/17-7/16…..just arrived today, picking up after work….and today’s my birthday!! Hang in there everyone…I know a lot of you have been waiting a LONG time. Ours was a little over 11 weeks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice congrats! The shortage in parts you'd think must be something involving the rear doors/seats/extended chassis. Seems the 2-doors are more or less going out. I even got to see one on the floor unclaimed a couple weeks back. 4-doors are the ones really stuck

·
Registered
35 Posts
argh...this is terrible news. I'm sorry. And being you ordered Jan 5, it's likely this applies to the rest of our orders too. absolutely ridiculous they don't like you choose color. did they give you a ship time for the 2022 and guarantee that you are going in front of the other 2022 orders that have already been placed? Not like their word means much at all right now...did they not give any form of good will credit?
I can tell you what I am going to do if they wont let me at least pick the color. I want the Tan, but I would be OK with the ’22 White. If they told me what they told him I would get my deposit back and go buy a Talon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can tell you what I am going to do if they wont let me at least pick the color. I want the Tan, but I would be OK with the ’22 White. If they told me what they told him I would get my deposit back and go buy a Talon.
I about went this route. But from talking to a couple dealers a lot of manufacturers are in the same boat. Our local dealer said 80 canam orders are being pushed to the 22 model.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I about went this route. But from talking to a couple dealers a lot of manufacturers are in the same boat. Our local dealer said 80 canam orders are being pushed to the 22 model.
Understandable. But it seems that Polaris is the only brand that has trouble telling the customer anything!

·
Premium Member
2019 RC Edition
63 Posts
Just a note. I stopped at my local dealer first thing this morning for some supplies, and there was not one, but two tracker trailers unloading new machines. They are definitely starting to pick up production. He did say that most of the delivery has somebody’s name on it.

Hope all you guys see your new machines shortly!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just a note. I stopped at my local dealer first thing this morning for some supplies, and there was not one, but two tracker trailers unloading new machines. They are definitely starting to pick up production. He did say that most of the delivery has somebody’s name on it.

Hope all you guys see your new machines shortly!
what state was that in

·
Registered
2022 General 4 XP Deluxe RC White
3 Posts
Seeing these post scares me. I ordered a 2022 General 4 deluxe with Ride Command and my Dealer said 4 - 8 weeks for delivery. I'm seeing some of you have been waiting 6+ months!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Jan 5 for me hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is such a backlog of 2021 left to get out or converted to 2022 that your 12 weeks minimum unless there is a miracle and they ramp up production.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I posted on this 2022 General?. I called Polaris to find out about estimated wait time, I tried to order a '21 in the spring but my order was switched to a '22. The rep told me that the biggest issue they were facing was delays in getting Walker Evans shocks among a few other parts but they have gotten a lot of the supply chain issues resolved and are starting to make progress on the backed up '21 orders and that I could conservatively expect my '22 in Sept or Oct. So it sounds like they should be getting through the orders soon. 🤞

·
Registered
35 Posts
Finally just called Polaris directly.
I ordered April 28th. NE/SD area.
They told me it is showing as a 2022 now. The only thing he said was that it has not been officially released, so don't expect it before Sept.
The only good news; It is showing as "Ghost White" right now, but he told me I could visit with my dealer when things get a little further along and they can change the color at no cost. I prefer the white anyway.

ETA:
I should have said this is a 4 seater tan unit

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Just emailed my dealer and they screenshotted my order status for my '21 G4 deluxe graphite now says Shipment Date: 7/22/21 and the Shipment Status: "Ready to transfer to D.C."
anyone know what that means??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just emailed my dealer and they screenshotted my order status for my '21 G4 deluxe graphite now says Shipment Date: 7/22/21 and the Shipment Status: "Ready to transfer to D.C."
Headed to the distribution center from the factory. Then it gets loaded on the freight truck to the dealer.

·
Registered
2022 General 4 XP Deluxe RC White
3 Posts
How long ago did you order?

221 - 240 of 258 Posts