Polaris General Forum banner
181 - 200 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000 on order
30 Posts
Ordered mine in February ! Going on our annual Memorial weekend ride with a “Borrowed machine” guess I’m going to find out if I like Can-ams or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am with you jbelectric ! ... I finally decided to call Polaris today and rep said it’s the tan plastics that are the holdup and that units are trickling out but my unit still does not have a build date and it could be end of July before I get it. I can’t imagine playing this game since Jan 5th !
It seems that I need to reorder a 2022 unit because it would be arriving at the same time.
Ordered mine ( military tan) on 7 Jan and will ship in July if lucky!! Yes upset should cancel order but someone else will just grab it, so will just wait it out. Not much can do about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered my General Sport late Jan, then wasted 2 weeks finding out that production had stopped on that model. Changed order to a Premium, which only comes in graphite, in 2nd week February, with no factory options. Finally came in yesterday, after an almost 4 month wait. I can sympathize with all of you still waiting-the wait was horrible! Hope they speed things up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oddly enough I received an e-mail from Polaris today to do a survey about my contact with the dealer. I put in there that I did purchase a machine from them. The next page said (paraphrasing) "Congratulations on your purchase, we hope you are enjoying your new ride!" with a blank box below to give my feedback.

I kept it cordial but definitely let them know how unimpressed I was with their transparency and my beginning to regret ordering a Polaris product.... Doubt it will do any good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
unfortunately it won't because there is a line of people wanting to buy these machines the only thing that would open there eyes is a boycott of there products and I mean everything and that will never happen.

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 xp 4
8 Posts
Well I finally decided to give up on a tan xp4 and go with a new graphite xp4 that a Polaris Customer relations rep found for me in Payson, Az. It is a 8 hr round trip to get it but a can’t take the waiting any longer ! Lol. The dealer is honoring the old price I locked in on and hero discount. My buddy owns a graphics business so he offered to do a tan wrap for me. I don’t think I could have made it the last 10 weeks without you guys on this forum to vent with so thank you guys and I hope you get your machines soon.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
So who has to go pick it up in Payson? Your local dealer or you?

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 xp 4
8 Posts
I have to get it ...but it will be worth it .. i figure with the discount off flip up windshield it takes care of fuel.

·
Registered
2021 XP G2 Military Tan
24 Posts
My general has been sitting at a transfer center loaded in a semi truck for 3 weeks now. Apparently Polaris is perfectly happy taking orders and building units they can’t deliver and unwilling to pay truck drivers enough to take the job of getting people who have been waiting for months there units.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My general has been sitting at a transfer center loaded in a semi truck for 3 weeks now. Apparently Polaris is perfectly happy taking orders and building units they can’t deliver and unwilling to pay truck drivers enough to take the job of getting people who have been waiting for months there units.
When did you order I have a tan unit on order since Jan 5

·
Registered
2021 XP 4 1000
21 Posts
Order date in Polaris system is FEB 2 and as of today they are telling me it’s likely not going to be delivered until August. I’ve pretty much had it. Anyone have any strong opinions / advice for me in shopping Kawasaki’s KRX or Can-Am’s Commander? If you know of any Can-AM’s in Colorado or surrounding states let me know. Muchas thx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Order date in Polaris system is FEB 2 and as of today they are telling me it’s likely not going to be delivered until August. I’ve pretty much had it. Anyone have any strong opinions / advice for me in shopping Kawasaki’s KRX or Can-Am’s Commander? If you know of any Can-AM’s in Colorado or surrounding states let me know. Muchas thx
I ordered mine on Jan 7 2021 and due in July. I really don’t need mine till august or later because it’s too hot to ride in Arizona. I also have military tan and willing to wait if they can give you mine and ship me yours when ready if that helps. Just let me know and we can work it. Phil

·
Registered
2021 XP 4 1000
21 Posts
My man Phil! That is super generous and if you are serious I’d take you up on it. Would figure out a way to make it worth the hassle for you as well. Do you have a high level of confidence in your July delivery? Up until today, at least per Polaris’s last forecast, I thought my machine was coming in between June10 and July 31. Now they are saying Aug1-Aug31. Super bummed as my cabin build at nearly 12,000 ft starts later this month and driving the truck up there regularly sucks.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000 XP 4 Deluxe
107 Posts
My man Phil! That is super generous and if you are serious I’d take you up on it. Would figure out a way to make it worth the hassle for you as well. Do you have a high level of confidence in your July delivery? Up until today, at least per Polaris’s last forecast, I thought my machine was coming in between June10 and July 31. Now they are saying Aug1-Aug31. Super bummed as my cabin build at nearly 12,000 ft starts later this month and driving the truck up there regularly sucks.
There are some serious issues right now. I placed my order in March originally and got a bill of sale and even had the order number printed out. Got a ship date of 4/27 and it pushed. Got a ship date of 5/25 and then all off the sudden boom my order number changed. After almost 3 days of calling and meeting with my dealer I get a new confirmation number and they are saying my order was placed in December..... not only that the order I put was for a different model. I call Polaris and they said the dealer did it wrong and ordered me the wrong model. So I email over my information and they are telling me it’s all on the dealer even though the orders are 3 months apart. We get our rep and dealer services involved and come to find out they shipped my unit to a different dealer and rolled me into an order someone else cancelled. So now I am getting the wrong model and they are saying that I’ll get it in July but to make it worth my time they will honor the original price. But efff that.... I just want to go ride! So I called them back and now they are giving me a ship date of June 10th but can’t guarantee what color I will get. So I wonder if they are pulling one from someone else just to keep me quiet and now someone else is getting screwed. I finally got to one manager who is comping my extended warranty and giving me an accessory voucher too, but come on just stop yanking everyone around!!!!!! If I didn’t have a deposit down I would be jumping ship. Who knows I still may, just get the machine and sell it to recoup my money and get into something else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have no problem waiting due to the hear here, can’t really rise till late September or October. All I ask is I get the military tan with ride command and 4 seater. I’m in Las Vegas right now will be back in Arizona tomorrow if you want to work the issue we can talk. Mine is suppose to be built in June with delivery of July is last word I got.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Just spoke to my dealer...been checking in with them every couple weeks. on May 3rd, he told me that my GXP4 was in the build process with a July delivery date. I've checked back a couple times since then and no change. Early this week I emailed the dealer and got no response so I tried again today and he sent me a screenshot of the Polaris Portal that showed my order has been set back to "being planned" with a delivery between July 14- Aug 25.... :mad:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
BOBX2 sold his General and went with the KRX and supposedly really likes it.
If you decide that is what you want and can't find one, the dealer in Payson/Star Valley, AZ had 2 on his floor a week or so ago when i was in there.
Rim Country Powersports is the name and Shawn is the owner.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My update:
Ordered '21 XP 4 in Tan on April 28th. I know I am in for a long wait, but the dealer has never been able to give me any idea of lead time. So last week (4 weeks after order) I dropped her an e-mail to keep a little pressure on and asked if she could check with Polaris to try to get an update.
She replied that my unit "not planned due to shipping restraints"... She suggested it was due to the recall, grabbing straws. She left it with checking with the Polaris Rep to see what it meant.. it has now be 7 business days though, so I am not expecting much back now.

I will give them another week or so and will try to contact Polaris directly see if that nets us any more information.

181 - 200 of 266 Posts