Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a screen name on here that made me laugh, so how did you come up with your screen name? Mine came from my poor choice of hair style, the Mississippi mud flap ( think Joe Dirt). That was many years ago.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine is from old gaming days, playing Quake 2 online I was getting destroyed and someone said I was an easy target. So I changed my name to it. Been that way ever since for anything online

·
Registered
584 Posts
Back in the early nineties I competed in archery, 3d targets to be exact. I got pretty good and in 94, I won the New Mexico state championship. Some friends started calling me Corbo, my name is Corey. It kinda stuck. I was born in 62, thus Corbo62!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
In the second half of my 25 biking years I was the Iceman. My Myers-Briggs personality predictor says I'm and ISTJ. One part of the feedback says "People like me are often seen as having ice in their veins." Friends starting using it and it stuck. Then a literally fatal bike wreck in 2008 ended biking. Lost the vision in my left eye. Wore an eye patch for a couple of years. But the change to Pirate stuck..and I like it!!!

Pirate

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have 2 Buell lightnings. 1 is a 98 S1 White Lightning, the other is an 03 XB9S Lightning. The 03 licence plate was XB666, because the bike looked evil after my mods. I used to be quite the hooligan. So it all morphed together and my screen name became Buelligan666. Not that funny of a back story. Just haven't been creative enough to come up with a new one.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well the first time I can remember coming to Baja was in 1958 and we camped on the beach with my cousins. We surf fished the whole time and tent camped. It was a great adventure for a five year old. Fast forward to high school I was the typical San Diegan boy which meant going to TJ for drinking and girls and surfing up and down the Baja coast. I told my high school buddies someday I’m going to live here. Fast forward to the late 70’s my Dad, my brother and I came down with Yellowtail Fever (the most awesome pound for pound fish to catch) and off we go to Baja. We had a place in San Fransquito (south of Bahia de Los Angeles) and we would fly in on Gene’s 172 tail dragger monthly with two or three drive down trips to restock our lockers and bring boat supplies. Great times fishing for 40lbs Yellowtails and an occasional 40lbs Dorado and throw in a six foot Humbolt squid. We did this up until 2003, the hurricane hit our place really hard and the owners kinda let the place go to s-word. 2004 I bought a Yamaha Kodiak 400 quad and me and my buddy Joe Lane started riding the Baja. Lord almighty were we a couple of goonberries, we didn’t have a clue what we were doing. The 400 was way underpowered so I upgraded to a Honda Rincon 650 (great bike!!!) and Joe got a Suck-zookie 700 and we discovered destination rides in Baja using a GPS. One of my buddies told us about the Lizard Lady and next thing you know we’re going to Lizard Lady GPS seminars. Joe and I rode over 10,000 miles of trails in Baja, sometimes sleeping on the beach, sometimes at a cheap hotel. I could never describe the things we saw and the great adventures. Our goal was to ride from the US town of Tecate, cross into Tecate Mexico and head to Los Cabo (the tip) no support vehicles, just me and Joe. We did it, it took 14 days with a few set backs and additional rest days. We did it in December and rode in snow the first day and finished the ride in shorts and a tee shirt coming into Cabo. It was the greatest trip of my life. Well in 2012 I met my wife at a pit party for the Baja 1000 off road race and she had retired in Punta Banda (south of Ensenada) we started dating which meant work all week and head south on the weekend to see my sweetie. About that time Joe and I were doing a super remote trail above San Quentin in the mountains and I broke my left foot real bad, we were 45 miles from the nearest paved road and another 75 miles to the hospital in San Quentin in the dark. Well that was another story for another time, my Doc wanted to amputate my leg but he tried screwing it back together and it worked! But no more riding, oh well, I had a Rhino I bought in 2006 so off we go on new adventures. Bought a Arctic Crap Prowler 1000 next and oh what a pile of s-word that was but did do about 3,000 miles in it in Baja. Got married and bought a XP 1000 2-seater which was good for 20 minute rides but it sucked because you couldn’t carry s-word. Retired, bought a small house in Punta Banda which was too small for all my s-word, sold that house and bought one in Lomas Del Mar, sold my house in the US and built my dream house down here in Baja. Sold the XP 1000 RZR and bought the General G-4 and it’s been a labor of love building it into a solid Baja pre runner destination car. Next week I’m driving it out of my garage, cruise down Hwy 1 to Urapan, up the Tres Hermanos trail and up to Mikes Sky Rancho. Coming home on the coast route for a short 378 mile two day ride.
Whewww! Guess I’m rambling again
Anyway I love Baja and I know it’s not for everyone but it fits me like a glove.

Hence the name: Baja Charlie

Three B’s
Be smart
Be safe
Be prepared

Cheers
Baja Charlie

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Back in the day i used to gamble and just loved to play "craps".
3 straight times when playing craps i made 20+ passes before having to pass the dice. Needless to say those were "very" good nights!
Hence the nickname "Johnny 7".

·
Registered
51 Posts
Being born in Clay County Missouri (so was Jesse James, the Daltons & Youngers) I've always been called a Redneck and I wear it proudly since I'm now a transplanted Arky. I was in the office machine business for over 40 years doing copiers, printers, computers etc. hence the term HiTech, so there you have it - HiTechRedneck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
My friend and I were both submarine instructors and during some down time were playing an early version of Jetfighter 2 on a very old PC. Top gun was out at the time. Being submariners, there is a bit of light hearted teasing between the top guns, and bottom guns, so we started throwing around "submarine inspired" nicknames for pilots. Maverick, Goose, and Iceman were not cutting it for us. I came up with Krispy Kotex, and he came up with Kracklin Krotch. It's kind of stuck with me through the years and brings back good light-hearted memories although some sites ban me outright as soon as I sign up. lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ilive in "Utah, on of my favorites hobbies is hunting. I like to hunt with a muzzleloader. Thus muzhunter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I retired as a Sr. Special Agent from the Kansas Bureau of Investigation in 2002. I use to compete in Triathlons and had a disc wheel with a Flying Pig with a blue Cape and P on his chest. When I competed I frequently placed overall or won. Competitors half my age would come up and ask me “So what’s with the Pig” and I told them I was a cop... they frequently asked again so what’s with the pig. Showing my age here. When I was 40 I won gold medals in the International Police Games for Triathlon and Bicycle Time Trial. I also wont he US National Sprint Triathlon Championship in Islamorada, FL. I still train LE primarily... for GLOCK as a Firearms Instructor On the East Coast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts