Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Just ordered the hood and back window graphic. Got black and silver with a red stripe. Should look awesome.
Nice, post pics when you get it installed

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 2 seat Deluxe
48 Posts
Ordered up the black American flag two piece, gloss for the General's hood...gonna look sweet!

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
I got my shipment in from the Vinyl Creator today, I'm anxious to get them installed

·
Registered
226 Posts
Cool. I ordered the Smoky and the Bandit gold eagle reflective decal for the hood and a waving flag reflective decal for the tailgate from Vinyl Creator. They will be delivered on Monday. I work for the defense department so I have Monday off and am stoked to get them installed.
I'll bet Vinyl Creator just got a whole lotta business from this thread! They are first rate to work with so far. I will post pics and ease of installation when I complete the project.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I agree on their sales taking a "massive" jump!

Reactions: RABBI

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Reactions: Johnny 7

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe RC
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I installed my tailgate graphic this morning. It was a lot harder to install than the hood decal. I did get several small bubbles. I installed it dry, wet might have been better.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 2 seat Deluxe
48 Posts
Received my black and white American flag hood decal yesterday...going to be a bit until I install, but I'm excited to see how it shakes out. One note...it may be self evident, but how does one install a sticker, "wet?" Is it in the instructions? I assume it is easier to slide around, until the adhesive dries? Just wanted to some insight from those who have done it. Air bubbles will also drive me crazy. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe RC
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You could use a water in a spray bottle and dampen the gate and graphic. If I were doing mine again I would still start at the center and work to one end. I would start out dry, then mist the gate and graphic as I work toward the end.

As I was working mine to each end, the gate begins to taper up and down as well as side to side. That is where I began to get several bubbles trapped. If I had wetted the graphic and gate it would have been much easier to work out the bubbles. If you haven't installed many graphics, you might want to find a local graphics company to install it.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I would have to find someone to install it or i would probably have a bubbly mess.
Like Dirty Harry said, " a man has to know his limitations"!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts