Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
How is the power with the gear reduction in the portals? Can you still run decent speeds in open areas? 50-60 at least? Did you also do a clutch kit or is it stock? Did you run in high on the trails and in the mud or does the reduction let you keep it in high? I'm looking at a similar setup on a General 4. I will likely only do the 4" portals with 32's or 33's. If I can get 20" of clearance I think that will be plenty. Want to have fun but try to take is fairly easy on it if I can. Tore the **** out of the last bike I had and would like this one to last longer. Great looking bike!

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
will be interested in answer also! Will be cool to se a General 4 done up like this ! >:)

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
Welcome to the site millertime157!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How is the power with the gear reduction in the portals? Can you still run decent speeds in open areas? 50-60 at least? Did you also do a clutch kit or is it stock? Did you run in high on the trails and in the mud or does the reduction let you keep it in high? I'm looking at a similar setup on a General 4. I will likely only do the 4" portals with 32's or 33's. If I can get 20" of clearance I think that will be plenty. Want to have fun but try to take is fairly easy on it if I can. Tore the **** out of the last bike I had and would like this one to last longer. Great looking bike!
Millertime, with the portals and the 35's I was still able to go 60. This was on the road under good conditions. The tires are not rated for these speeds, I was just curious if the bike could still do it. Clutch is still stock and have not had any problems. I would not recommend trail/mud riding in high as I have already smoked a belt doing this. If you could room, go high. If you're in something sloppy go low. Still no complaints on the portals and would recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the input. I think that I will opt for the 4" portals and 35's. I doubt I will ever need to go 60mph or above where we ride; would just like the option if I wanted to take it to the dessert or mountains where there may be straighter, firmer trails. I have a '79 trans am I am selling and then a General 4 it is. I'm ready to say the least.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did some work this weekend. Added a 40" single row lightbar to the front top and an 11" single row light bar to the brush guard. Added an 11" to the rear too but did not get a pic of it. Attached the EMP aluminum roof. Also not shown is the Wetsounds Stealth 10 Ultra that I got just in time for MudNats. Hope to see you guys out there!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'll be loaded up tomorrow and headed out first thing Wednesday. Should be there around noon- 2:00. Maybe I'll see you out there. I'll keep my eye out.
Half of our group will be there this afternoon. I will be joining them Thursday evening. See you out there!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Know this is an older thread but i was just installing the warrior riser snorkel kit and am onto running the vent lines. Im new to the sxs game so not sure where to locate the vent lines but living in Florida i need all lines up high. Great build as well! I Plan on doing about the same thing maybe smaller tires

21 - 29 of 29 Posts