Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several days ago I installed a dual quiet loop exhaust on my General. I'm very pleased with the sound reduction. Going from the MBRP Powertech 4, which had an increase in performance, I lost the performance a gained. This new exhaust is supposed to equal stock in performance. All in all, the extra noise reduction was well worth it

HMF EXHAUST

·
Registered
43 Posts
Several days ago I installed a dual quiet loop exhaust on my General. I'm very pleased with the sound reduction. Going from the MBRP Powertech 4, which had an increase in performance, I lost the performance a gained. This new exhaust is supposed to equal stock in performance. All in all, the extra noise reduction was well worth it

HMF EXHAUST
Thanks for that video Corbo!! I'm looking for a different exhaust myself.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Corbo,
Did you measure the decibels with the stock muffler before putting on the MBRP Powertech 4 ? Curious what the decibels would have been with stock.
94 to 86 is a nice drop and we want something quieter also.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Corbo,
Did you measure the decibels with the stock muffler before putting on the MBRP Powertech 4 ? Curious what the decibels would have been with stock.
94 to 86 is a nice drop and we want something quieter also.
No, I did not! But to be honest, I think I made a mistake in the video. When I first remembered the numbers it was 96 and 84. I decided I must have transposed them and changed them to 94 and 86. But actually I think it was 96 for the MBRP and 84 for the new exhaust. It is very quiet and the video doesn't show it. The MBRP is on my buddy's ride now and on tomorrow's ride I'll get some more info

Reactions: Johnny 7

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Appreciated that C.
If you get a chance to measure a stock exhaust that would be really cool too!!!!

Reactions: Corbo1962

·
Registered
131 Posts
Subscribed.... maybe next year after I get all the other stuff paid off

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: Utah Jim

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here's a question I have on this system.
For the RZR 1000XP, HMF strongly recommends using a tuner, otherwise damage to the engine or exhaust may occur.
However, on the RZR 1000 /General, for what looks to be the same system, no tuner is recommended. What is the difference between the two applications?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a question I have on this system.
For the RZR 1000XP, HMF strongly recommends using a tuner, otherwise damage to the engine or exhaust may occur.
However, on the RZR 1000 /General, for what looks to be the same system, no tuner is recommended. What is the difference between the two applications?
That's a good question! The Rzr 1000 XP is a higher performance tune to basically the same engine. This new exhaust is going to cause some back pressure over the higher performance exhaust that the Rzr XP is going to come stock with. I would guess that might cause some issues. This exhaust is not supposed to cause a loss of performance over the stock General exhaust, so maybe that is the difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts