Polaris General Forum banner

Hitting on small apple size rocks

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MMX 
#1 ·
Hey. New to the sideXside world. Took my 2020 General out for its maiden voyage and found it was hitting hard on small rocks. Air in tires from dealer was around 14 psi. I lowered to 10 psi with no difference. After 50 km of riding it managed to rattle the doors loose and now they are vibrating. Wondering if that’s normal. Any advice. It was all hard packed trail riding.

#3 ·
There is a small amount of available adjustment in the doors to make them close tighter. Front is super easy, the rears require a little thought and small washers. Search the forum, and there are talks about it. If it was me, I would ride it a little longer before adjustment. The seals will collapse a small amount, and you will probably need to adjust it again. And yes, when going down dirt/gravel roads, you will pick up occasional rocks that make a heck of a lot of noise when hitting the plastic skid plate! That is loud, and normal!

#5 ·
Wow, bottoming out? If it truly is bottoming out, then there has to be a problem! Now I am easy on my 2018 G4 but have never come close to bottoming out. I ride 90% gravel roads and 10% trails with 4 large people in it. Stock fox shocks set on the softest setting. I have never bottomed out! I run 30” terrabites @ 16 psi. (Mainly because of the hard roads and trails).

#6 ·
I would do a bolt check, and make sure everything is tight, as it should be. The guys assembling, and checking over these machines at the dealer, are not always the most knowledgeable.

Check the shock setting, maybe they are on the hardest setting.

The doors are too bad to adjust, there's even a how to video on you tube somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.