Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all from southern Norway. Got my General about a half year ago and I'm totally on love. Norway is not a member of the European Union and have some awesome laws when it comes to these machines. Polaris General 1000's with anti locking brakes brakes are registered as tractor, but without limitation on speed (the ones with anto locking brakes). There are no requirements for periodic roadworthiness test every second year, which cars have. Toll roads are free and since its registered as a tractor road tax are almost free and insurance is very low. So its a fantastic machine to own here in the land of vikings and midnight sun. Requirements are turn signals and a hand brake which is fitted to the Generals by Polaris Norway opon arrival.

I use mine primarily as a road vehicle... during winter (which is hard and long here) I use it to plow snow for several houses in the neighbourhood. I would love to upgrade the wheels to some better for the road and a bit bigger, but can never make up my mind what to get.

The downside is that the Polaris General community here is very VERY tiny. So getting accessories and parts is hard, and often have to order from the US (which is expensive due to freight). There are a lot of RZR and Can-Ams here, but the General never took off. Had a Can-Am before the General myself.

The only issue I have with it is the misfiring problem. Driving along the engine suddenly goes into limp mode and the engine light comes on. I turn it off and on and it works again. Saw this explained in a video from Gilomen and that they can fix this by changing the sensitivity. But then again is the shipment back and forth the US. I hoped there was another way, but Polaris Norway will not aknowledge the problem. They have offered to troubleshoot the General for $120 an hour, so I guess I'll just have to order the new unit from Gilomen instead :D

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
520 Posts
Welcome from mid-Missouri, USA! The Gilomen tune is great! Hope you can get one without spending a fortune on shipping!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Utah, USA. Awesome to see and hear from our friends in other countries, and the regulations that govern their use. Fun to learn new things outside of the vehicle itself.

·
Registered
2021 XP 1000 RC
115 Posts
Welcome from Texas. I did some work at the American Embassy in Oslo about 3 years ago. Wife had to go along to supervise. We the took the train to Bergen. What a beautiful and friendly country you live in. Took this picture from the train to Bergen. What a cool trail.
DSCN7420.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all from southern Norway. Got my General about a half year ago and I'm totally on love. Norway is not a member of the European Union and have some awesome laws when it comes to these machines. Polaris General 1000's with anti locking brakes brakes are registered as tractor, but without limitation on speed (the ones with anto locking brakes). There are no requirements for periodic roadworthiness test every second year, which cars have. Toll roads are free and since its registered as a tractor road tax are almost free and insurance is very low. So its a fantastic machine to own here in the land of vikings and midnight sun. Requirements are turn signals and a hand brake which is fitted to the Generals by Polaris Norway opon arrival.

I use mine primarily as a road vehicle... during winter (which is hard and long here) I use it to plow snow for several houses in the neighbourhood. I would love to upgrade the wheels to some better for the road and a bit bigger, but can never make up my mind what to get.

The downside is that the Polaris General community here is very VERY tiny. So getting accessories and parts is hard, and often have to order from the US (which is expensive due to freight). There are a lot of RZR and Can-Ams here, but the General never took off. Had a Can-Am before the General myself.

The only issue I have with it is the misfiring problem. Driving along the engine suddenly goes into limp mode and the engine light comes on. I turn it off and on and it works again. Saw this explained in a video from Gilomen and that they can fix this by changing the sensitivity. But then again is the shipment back and forth the US. I hoped there was another way, but Polaris Norway will not aknowledge the problem. They have offered to troubleshoot the General for $120 an hour, so I guess I'll just have to order the new unit from Gilomen instead :D

View attachment 70594
Hei å hå. Har en G2 18 model . Har Superatv tuner med stage 2 tun og har aldri hatt problem med den.
Der finnes flere leverandører av tunere og tune til ECU en. Ta deg god tid å les deg opp på hva som finnes.
Velkommen
Mvh.
Furumo

·
Registered
2021 general 1000 XP deluxe
15 Posts
Welcome from Baden Wuerttemberg Germany
Spent 5 years there with the Canadians army, lived in a town call Wintersdorf, i hope i got the spelling right, great place to live, i wish i had stayed, i loved the country and the people.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Greetings from the West Texas town of El Paso and welcome to the support group!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Howdy from AZ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts