Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to get a XP 4 soon. I am considering the Polaris heater to allow us to use the general year round. For those that have one, if the blower is turned off, and the temp turned all the way down, do you notice heat coming from the vents? If so is it noticeable while riding or just at the vent? Do you use the blower to help circulate air, even when you aren’t using heat? I don’t need any extra help to sweat.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
No on ours we have absolutely no heat coming in when turned to the cold position.
We don't use our fan other than to move hot air.
Will have another one on our next unit too if and when we trade.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know some have put a shutoff valve in the system to insure water flow is stopped to the heater core in the summer. I don’t have that in mine and do not get any heat coming out. We do use the blower to circulate inside if riding in rain, as we then have our soft uppers on the doors, and it will fog up if you don’t move the air. Our beast is a G2, so not sure the effects you would expect in a G4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies so far. I forgot to say we will have soft doors also, so we may need to circulate on rainy days.

I’m trying to keep the wife comfortable in the cold, as we will use ours year round. Hoping to not make myself miserable in the summer!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
It is expensive through Polaris but it sure keeps my bride toasty warm when it is cold outside. We had it in NoDak as we drove ours around in the winter looking at Christmas lights.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’d look at the inferno heater it’s a **** good heater and less than half the price of the Polaris unit. I have put one in my general 4 and we love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts