Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Alaskan47 from what I have read this kit has 2 lower vents 1 on each side blowing on yoir feet 4 vents across the dash and 2 defrost vents on top of the dash 1 for each side blowing on the windshield is that correct?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Let me know how the install goes. My machine shipped yesterday so I hope to be picking it up early next week and if all my accessories are in I will be installing the heater next week

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
paper work says 4 hrs. I think that's if you already know how to do it! Should have mine done this weekend in between doing honey doo's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My General will be in tomorrow, Friday. I have all the parts waiting and will post it as we build it. Heater looks like it will take all of four hours. Wiper kit and windows are simple. Hope it's as good as my Ranger heater and,wiper. Kanati Mongrels are back ordered for another week

·
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If anyone wants the installation instructions ahead of time to review I can scan them at the office tomorrow and email them. Just pm me with an email.
It shows how to take the dash apart which will be helpful for more than just installing the heater.
One thing I can see that I will modify is getting the center box out. You need to press the top of the box down and push it out. Then you can remove the switch panel. I'm thinking 2 finger holes at the top of the box so I can do it with out having to remove the dash in the future to access the switch wiring. Once the windshield is installed it would allow easy access out on the trail. 2 soft rubber plugs for the holes would clean it up but wouldn't be necessary.
Heater is made by Mobile Climate Control. Really well built unit. The make heaters and air conditioning for heavy equipment, busses and such.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts