Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I was messing around in my yard and flopped the ol girl on its side it caused pretty significant damage and basically i had to replace the entire rt side of the machine from the frt fender to the rear 1/4. So now I'm waiting for the rear 1/4 panel/fender flair - The issue with polaris is the part is marked RT but its actually the left side part talked to the dealer he contacted polaris and they reordered the RT side again and what do you know the left side came again Ugggggh!! polaris still is not convinced there is a problem but obviously there is so I am posting this as a heads up in case some else has a bad spell ORDER the left for the Right and vice versa... don't see this clearing up ant time soon as I'm sure thousands of these parts have been stamped out and are in the field.:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
What did all the parts cost? I have had mine on the rt side for a brief second and went on its roof. Just curios. I have insurance on her and have scratches in the paint.

Reactions: Alaskan47

·
Registered
832 Posts
Right side as you are inside the machine or right side as you are facing the machine?
Ran into this problem when overnighting very expensive headlight pods for a Peterbilt to Alaska one time. After the second one the driver realized he was looking at the truck when saying "right side" instead of sitting in the truck. Then he wanted us to refund the air freight charges on the first 2. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Ahldo1, look at the bright side, in a few years it may be worth some big bucks like a mis-stamped coin. Wrap it in plastic and put it under your bed for a rainy day. LOL

·
PolarisGeneralForum.com Vendor
227 Posts
people have different opinions as to what right and left are depending on where they are sitting or standing. Every customer I deal with now gets asked passenger or driver so we don't have these issues any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts