Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to the forum and to Polaris. As a long time Yamaha guy it hurt to step into a Polaris. But I've had the blue beast for 2 weeks and love it. I have a question about the headlights. When I was at the dealer my general was sitting next to a rzr 1000 with the led headlights. They look identical but the salesmen couldn't figure out if they would interchange. Before I drop $500 on them I thought I'd ask you guys.

·
1,563 Posts
Welcome CCFarms! I know somebody here has the answer. I believe there is a thread, maybe in the archive on LED headlights.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Different part numbers listed on the Polaris website, which is expected since one is LED, but they do look very similar in the parts breakdown.

$389 USD per light......You might want to consider looking past the cool factor and install LED bulbs and a couple LED light bars.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Order the water proof led light bars on eBay instead. They are way cheaper than the ones at the dealer. If they break, buy another. It's still cheaper than spending $500 at the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Paul for the parts breakdown
I understand eBay light bars are way cheaper but I'm after the look of the led headlights.
I do plan on mounting a 42" curved under the roof and a 10" spot in the bumper.
I can get the Polaris rzr led headlights for 499$ from the dealer with a 10% discount since I bought the machine from them so 450$. I'm going to call them again tomorrow and see if they found anything. I'll let you know. Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
there was a post earlier on some led replacement bulbs from spike,had some pics too.very bright.made me mad as **** when i rode in my buddies xp 1000 and saw his headlights:(:confused:we paid a pile of mula for these machines not to get them!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I looked into just replacing the bulbs, but some posts on other forums advised against it. Apparently the reflector on the LED headlights and traditional bulb headlights are different.

Reactions: Alaskan47

·
Registered
348 Posts
the head lights are the same but everywhere i have read on other forums you have to buy a conversion kit for them. that is what
i found on some rzr 900s forums. the 900s and 1000s 15 or newer are the same headlights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I finally got an answer from the dealer. Said they contacted Polaris and Polaris said they would not recommend it. Didn't say why not. Parts guy said the non led headlights in a rzr have a different part # the the general headlights. Sooo I guess I'll just order my light bars and wait for someone else to try it first. Thanks to all who replied.
If someone does try the conversion plz post a pic here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I ordered my General, my dealer installed LED lights from the Ranger for $250. He told me that he does that allot. Much brighter than stock. He didn't list the part number on the sales invoice just that it was from a Ranger.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts