Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got gen 1 Seizmik uppers on my 2017 G2. I bought my machine from the original owner who, I'm guessing rode through a lot of bushes. My uppers were pretty hazy and had tons of horizontal scuffs all the way across them. Enough that it made them distorted and tough to see out of.

I took my small dual action buffer and buffed the inside and outside of them with Meguire's Plastx polish and the difference was shocking. You could probably do it by hand but I think your arms would likely fall off in the process. Pick up a small DA buffer or polisher and go to work on them. You'll be amazed at the difference!

I know my "before" pic sucks since I technically forgot to take one, but you can see how thrashed & cloudy the side window was:

After polishing:

This is the stuff:

Hope that helps anyone with the same problem! :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Windows look great, (y)!

For quick cleaning / polishing of plastics I like this stuff too (available at Menards and many other places)

·
Registered
220 Posts
when i had my gold wing a friend of mind gave me a bottle of this. my windshield had some scratches and the blue haze to it. one application and the difference was incredible. i wouldn't say good as new, but darn close! no longer have the bike, but still keep a bottle of this stuff around.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Plexicoat is good stuff as it was developed for airplanes but it is darn expensive.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see some swear by lemon Pledge furniture polish, too. I've never used it so I don't know if they mean you should use it as a restorative or just a polish. but they claim it works.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I got good results with a Meguiar's headlight polishing kit on the windows of a Geo Tracker years ago...it was what I had laying around and the windows were so bad I had nothing to lose.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I see some swear by lemon Pledge furniture polish, too. I've never used it so I don't know if they mean you should use it as a restorative or just a polish. but they claim it works.
We use Pledge but not lemon Pledge as I hate the smell of that.
We just use it on the plastic fenders and such not the windows at all. Might work for windows but we don't use it for that.
Seems to work OK for us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts