Polaris General Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the call today, my machine is in and ready to be picked up. XP2 non ride command. I ordered on 2/11, and was told 6-8 weeks so pretty much right on time.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4 ride command super graphite
94 Posts
Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when they come in. Ordered mine from Stevens in midland.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4 (On Order)
75 Posts
Posted this in another thread so apologies if you've already read it.

I just spoke with my dealer today and he informed me that my 2/2/21 order delivery date for my military tan XP4 has been pushed back to June and about 14 other orders. If it came in June it would also take a couple weeks to get them all prepped.

They are willing to return about $5k worth of accessories without restock fees.

It went from 4-8 weeks, then to April, then to May and now to June.

There's two KRX 1000s sitting on my dealers floor right now. I'm really contemplating just picking that up and adding another quad to the mix.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You got lucky. Seems to me the xp4 in tan is where all the back orders are Polaris is no help at all and keeps giving me excuses sent screenshots of some posts on here to my salesman and he contacted Polaris again but what do they care if I or anyone else cancels it’ll just go to the next guy. I have been a Polaris guy all my life we have races there snowmobiles and been very loyal but after this experience I don’t know what to say
Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when they come in. Ordered mine from Stevens in midland.

·
Registered
21 G2 XP Deluxe w/rc stage 4
13 Posts
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago with the typical 4-6 week estimate. From what I hear, this is not the case...
Orderd 2021 XP 2 2 weeks ago today & got the call tonight that it is here, dealer needs to put it together & pick it up Friday

·
Registered
148 Posts
So update from my dealer maybe shipping in late may beyond upset if I had know this I would of went with a different color or manufacturer but now I have a ton of money into parts sitting in my shop for a unit no one knows when will come talked to Polaris lots of times and their attitude is oh well don’t know what to tell you!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
So update from my dealer maybe shipping in late may beyond upset if I had know this I would of went with a different color or manufacturer but now I have a ton of money into parts sitting in my shop for a unit no one knows when will come talked to Polaris lots of times and their attitude is oh well don’t know what to tell you!!
I'm gonna have to call my dealer tomorrow. I'm in the same situation. Ordered 12/31/20 and we're now in April with no real updates. There's absolutely no reason I should be waiting 6 months for a unit that's paid in full. I've also got a garage full of parts waiting. Really irritating.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just called my dealer and cancelled mine, they are returning all the parts/accessories I ordered and rolling it into a KRX. Good luck to you all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a graphite XP 1000 at the end of Dec with forecasted arrival in mid-Feb. It came in last week (late March, so about 90 days from the order date). It's still at the dealer waiting on accessories (doors, front/back glass, heater) forecasted to arrive in mid-April. We'll see.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just called my dealer and cancelled mine, they are returning all the parts/accessories I ordered and rolling it into a KRX. Good luck to you all.
I feel bad for you and your experience that you have had it’s a shame that you will not get to enjoy a General but the KRX is definitely a very well built and capable machine. In a couple years when it’s time for me to replace my current machine it will definitely be a contender.....but hey who knows what is going to be available then....The way things are going they will probably have 1200cc motors 25” of suspension on 35” tires stock....

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm gonna have to call my dealer tomorrow. I'm in the same situation. Ordered 12/31/20 and we're now in April with no real updates. There's absolutely no reason I should be waiting 6 months for a unit that's paid in full. I've also got a garage full of parts waiting. Really irritating.
Let me guess military tan?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I feel bad for you and your experience that you have had it’s a shame that you will not get to enjoy a General but the KRX is definitely a very well built and capable machine. In a couple years when it’s time for me to replace my current machine it will definitely be a contender.....but hey who knows what is going to be available then....The way things are going they will probably have 1200cc motors 25” of suspension on 35” tires stock....
Ya know, I appreciate that jclark. When I go to look for that 4 seater again I hope the General has a turbo version and all the supply issues are sorted out by then!

This is one of the most active, informative and welcoming forums in powersports. I hope that continues.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Definitely not the way to handle would be consumers/customers. Polaris is really dropping the ball by not keeping the dealers and customers informed.
But such are the times we now live in. They are selling like hotcakes but wait until that slows down in the future. They aren't thinking beyond the end of their nose.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts