Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General XP1000 Deluxe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It seems xp2 are easier to come by for whatever reason some dealers even have them xp4 are yeti..... talked about a lot but never see one lol.
My dealer had the xp2 deluxe I wanted in graphite on the floor during the 2-3 weeks we were negotiating. I test drove it and everything. We came to an agreement on selling price/accessories. I took the buyers agreement to my office to finalize my loan for the portion I was financing (I work for a bank), and the next day they sold it to someone else.
Guess it was my fault for not going ahead and giving them my down payment.. just didn’t realize the demand at that point.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000 Deluxe Ride Command
11 Posts
I ordered mine January 19 and my salesman told me 3 to 4 weeks and it took 3 weeks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The dealer can log into Polaris and the status of your unit on a progress bar they are correct about tracking because if the machine isn’t built you can’t track it. It probably says being planned like mine had for over a month your dealer should have access to that at all times

are You getting an xp4?
No G XP2

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4
72 Posts
Mine wasn't to far off from the estimate. I ordered my XP4 the early Nov. It came in beginning of January so about 8 weeks. They had told me 4-6 weeks. Now the RZR 570 I ordered for my wife and son was ordered at the same time and is now looking like mid April only the 3rd time its been pushed back along with having to change my order from a premium EPS after they quit making them.

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4 (On Order)
75 Posts
Ordered 2/2/20 and was originally told 4-8 weeks. That was later changed to April/early May. I called Polaris today and they told me sometime in May.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago with the typical 4-6 week estimate. From what I hear, this is not the case...
I ordered a new 2021 Ranger NorthStar XP 1000 Premium with accessories on Feb 19 and still waiting. Dealer told me same 6-8 weeks..... On week 5 now

·
Registered
2021 General XP 1000-4 Deluxe
7 Posts
Ordered General XP 1000 Deluxe last week and was told June?!?!?!!!!!! I sold my previous SXS and need it for yard work.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General XP 4 1000
6 Posts
Ordered my XP4 on 11/27/20. Still don’t have it, was told Dec, then Jan, then Feb, now I’m told last week of March but I have my doubts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a 2021 G2 Deluxe on January 23, 2021. My unit is in but they are waiting on the upper doors and wiper kit. looks like they have about 4 or 5 sitting on the property? None in their showroom, all have been ordered for customers. I was told 45 to 60 days for delivery. Have also heard they have been seeing 30 day deliveries? The XP may have a different timeline.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago with the typical 4-6 week estimate. From what I hear, this is not the case...
Update: I just spoke with my dealer a minute ago and he told me still no news when I can expect my 2021 Ranger NorthStar Premium. He also told me that they got news last week that 4 other machines customers ordered were set back even further, but fortunate for me mine wasn't one of them. Next week will be week 7 since it was ordered.......... geeesh! When I asked if it was a covid problem he told me that actually it was Raw Materials shortages that Polaris is suffering from. Very high demand right now for these Rangers. I mentioned that if folks end up waiting long enough they may decide they don't want one that bad afterall. I will be on vacation in 2 weeks and if I do not get it before then I am thinking of cancelling my order. I already have several nice ATV's that wife and I have been riding and maybe we will try another year or so. My dealer told me they are losing customers now over this. Not sure at this time what I should do, but am getting pissed

·
Registered
2021 General XP 4 (On Order)
75 Posts
Update: I just spoke with my dealer a minute ago and he told me still no news when I can expect my 2021 Ranger NorthStar Premium. He also told me that they got news last week that 4 other machines customers ordered were set back even further, but fortunate for me mine wasn't one of them. Next week will be week 7 since it was ordered.......... geeesh! When I asked if it was a covid problem he told me that actually it was Raw Materials shortages that Polaris is suffering from. Very high demand right now for these Rangers. I mentioned that if folks end up waiting long enough they may decide they don't want one that bad afterall. I will be on vacation in 2 weeks and if I do not get it before then I am thinking of cancelling my order. I already have several nice ATV's that wife and I have been riding and maybe we will try another year or so. My dealer told me they are losing customers now over this. Not sure at this time what I should do, but am getting pissed
If you ordered on Feb 19th/20th like you said, you are only on week 5 right now. If you are pissed at week 5 you are in for a brutal wait.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
This Chinese Virus crap has everything screwed up.
Parts, materials, labor, it is all connected. Then add in shipping for another ordeal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm thinking this ship that is stuck in the Suez canal is not going to help matters! 15% of the worlds goods/products come in/out of this canal. I know in my business, we were without parts for approximately 3 months due to the lockdowns in CA. There was not enough staff to unload the ships at the ports due to Covid sickness, lockdowns, etc. All of the ports were full and there were literally ships waiting out at sea to get into the ports. We are finally starting to see parts coming in again. Car dealerships around here have bare lots, they can't even get new vehicles in. I have heard that several manufacturers have now stopped production due to shortage of computer chips.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000 XP 4 Deluxe
54 Posts
I'm thinking this ship that is stuck in the Suez canal is not going to help matters! 15% of the worlds goods/products come in/out of this canal. I know in my business, we were without parts for approximately 3 months due to the lockdowns in CA. There was not enough staff to unload the ships at the ports due to Covid sickness, lockdowns, etc. All of the ports were full and there were literally ships waiting out at sea to get into the ports. We are finally starting to see parts coming in again. Car dealerships around here have bare lots, they can't even get new vehicles in. I have heard that several manufacturers have now stopped production due to shortage of computer chips.
On the flip side. This may allow ports to catch up enough that when the shipping routes open up again they can unload quicker...... fingers crossed.

I’m on week 2 of waiting and feel like this may be an eternity.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts