Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some sheets of ABS plastic off amazon and plan to make my own radiator guards (hopefully at least $40 less unless I mess-up..) and possibly battery and gas guards as well. Wondering if anyone has done this? I plan to mock out with cardboard before I start heating/molding, cutting, and drilling but figured I would see if anyone has any tips or tricks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Randy from Grizzztek made his own once. Then he started selling them. They're so easy to install, I wouldn't try saving the little bit of extra coin doing it myself.
I had already ordered the ABS for my truck and thanks to my dad I have an obsession of doing it myself if I can (or if I think I can).

·
Registered
570 Posts
I ordered some sheets of ABS plastic off amazon and plan to make my own radiator guards (hopefully at least $40 less unless I mess-up..) and possibly battery and gas guards as well. Wondering if anyone has done this? I plan to mock out with cardboard before I start heating/molding, cutting, and drilling but figured I would see if anyone has any tips or tricks.
I dont know about abs plastic i used thick rubber from some semi truck mud flaps and it worked great costed me zero dollars as the mudflaps had been taken off and thrown in my shop dumpster

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
471 Posts
Randy from Grizzztek made his own once. Then he started selling them. They're so easy to install, I wouldn't try saving the little bit of extra coin doing it myself.
This x 100!! My time is worth more than the $40 I'd save and Randy's fit/work perfectly. Anything I'd create would look 1/2 @$$ at best. Plus Randy is great to deal with. Can't forget the kool-aide too...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts