Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have decided to go with the Pro Armour 5.3 harness kit. Who has the best price on them? If you have a better suggestion for a harness I am all ears. I would love some feedback from anyone with experience.

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
I'm also looking at harness. The stock belts bother both My wife and myself neck. Looked at a few the pro armer 5.3 a supplier on ebay out of grand rapids Mich. (Parts_giant) is his user name has them for 113.13 with free shipping not decided witch one I'm going with but if you get a set let us know what you think!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've got the Pro Armor 5.3 belts on order. I will let y'all know how it goes. I also ordered a set of harness strap retainers. Now.... I didn't look under the seat to see where to mount the submarine... so I hope I didn't spend $8 than I needed to...lol

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
If you don't mind what you end up paying? and were did you get yours from? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I guess I must have gotten the 4.2 harnesses...four point attachment and 2" wide.

Pro Armor does send instructions for installation, but getting them tight around the rectangular cross tube requires, in my case, an Irwin squeeze clamp with the 1" wide pads.

With the stock General seats, the shoulder harnesses will come around the headrest. I like that, because with the 2" wide harnesses...no way it can rub on your neck!

Using as such even us guys have to use the boob strap to keep the harness on your shoulder.

Had to redo mine once as you have to install the shoulder harnesses such that the connected boob strap is 4" below your adams apple.

Have the 3" wide harnesses in the RZR 800, but they rub on the next and after one barrel roll and three "on the side" events haven't seen any reason the 2" wide harnesses won't work just fine.

And I got 'em in orange to match the Deluxe color scheme!!

Just sayin'

Pirate

·
Registered
514 Posts
I guess I must have gotten the 4.2 harnesses...four point attachment and 2" wide.

Pro Armor does send instructions for installation, but getting them tight around the rectangular cross tube requires, in my case, an Irwin squeeze clamp with the 1" wide pads.

With the stock General seats, the shoulder harnesses will come around the headrest. I like that, because with the 2" wide harnesses...no way it can rub on your neck!

Using as such even us guys have to use the boob strap to keep the harness on your shoulder.

Had to redo mine once as you have to install the shoulder harnesses such that the connected boob strap is 4" below your adams apple.

Have the 3" wide harnesses in the RZR 800, but they rub on the next and after one barrel roll and three "on the side" events haven't seen any reason the 2" wide harnesses won't work just fine.

And I got 'em in orange to match the Deluxe color scheme!!

Just sayin'

Pirate
Could you post pics of how you attached behind the seat?

Sent via Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts