Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's been some interest in the harness I made to power my reverse lights. I originally posted about it in the "What did you do to your General today" thread, but I thought I'd give it it's own thread so the info doesn't get lost.

So, here's how I routed my harness...

First pic is the relay, mounted in the ECM compartment behind the driver's seat. It's attached with a short 6mm bolt through the existing hole. I had to remove the intake tube to get my fingers in there to install the washer and nut. If I had a plastic push-rivet of the right size, I would have just used that instead. Would have been easier.

Next is the ground wire, attached to the chassis with a 1/4" ring terminal under one of the coil mount bolts.

The source and load wires run along the inside of the frame, with the source wires splitting off and attaching to the factory spade terminals for the back-up beeper.

Finally, the wires to power the reverse lights run behind the (relocated) turf mode relay and continue along the frame to the rear. Currently, this wire is just temporarily zip-tied out of the way, and the 2-wire weather-pack connector is plugged to keep water out until I get the lights installed and that side of the wiring harness done.

The lengths of each section of harness, measured from the far end of the relay plug (where it mates with the relay) to the end of each terminal, are:

Ground: 10-1/4"
Source (to the factory harness): 30"
Load (power to the lights): 35"

·
Registered
551 Posts
Excellent AK-RIDER !! I appreciate you taking the time to explain this mod..

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's been some interest in the harness I made to power my reverse lights. I originally posted about it in the "What did you do to your General today" thread, but I thought I'd give it it's own thread so the info doesn't get lost.

So, here's how I routed my harness...

First pic is the relay, mounted in the ECM compartment behind the driver's seat. It's attached with a short 6mm bolt through the existing hole. I had to remove the intake tube to get my fingers in there to install the washer and nut. If I had a plastic push-rivet of the right size, I would have just used that instead. Would have been easier.

Next is the ground wire, attached to the chassis with a 1/4" ring terminal under one of the coil mount bolts.

The source and load wires run along the inside of the frame, with the source wires splitting off and attaching to the factory spade terminals for the back-up beeper.

Finally, the wires to power the reverse lights run behind the (relocated) turf mode relay and continue along the frame to the rear. Currently, this wire is just temporarily zip-tied out of the way, and the 2-wire weather-pack connector is plugged to keep water out until I get the lights installed and that side of the wiring harness done.

The lengths of each section of harness, measured from the far end of the relay plug (where it mates with the relay) to the end of each terminal, are:

Ground: 10-1/4"
Source (to the factory harness): 30"
Load (power to the lights): 35"

Are the factory leads still burried in the harness on factory ride command models or are they where the rear camera gets juice from ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts