Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with both my motorcycles, I have hardwired USB Chargers. I use my cell all the time, stream bluetooth music, and also, out and about, last thing I want after a few hours of riding, is to have a dead phone.

Has anyone hardwired a USB port to the General Yet? When Riding, where would be the best place to put my iphone etc and plug it in?

I was thinking about running it through the glove box, and doing it that way, so it's kinda protected as well, but I saw some "pannel" type USB ports as well.

Thanks in Advance

Curtis

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
So, with both my motorcycles, I have hardwired USB Chargers. I use my cell all the time, stream bluetooth music, and also, out and about, last thing I want after a few hours of riding, is to have a dead phone.

Has anyone hardwired a USB port to the General Yet? When Riding, where would be the best place to put my iphone etc and plug it in?

I was thinking about running it through the glove box, and doing it that way, so it's kinda protected as well, but I saw some "pannel" type USB ports as well.

Thanks in
Curtis
I put mine belowe the winch next to the 12 v it lights up when it is open

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Being in Iraq, I havn't even picked up my General Yet. There is a 12 V in the center Consol? That would work just fine actually

Yes there is I just did it for looks . I put a wired usb next to it there is black double plug on it when there is nothing pluged in. When the plug is out it lights up blue. It comes in all colors of led light.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought a dual USB that looks just like a rocker switch. Put it in the dash with all the other switches.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
263 Posts
that is what I used too if the link doesn't work search:

Universal Rocker Style Car Dual USB Charger - LED Light USB Power Socket for Rocker Switch Panel (BLUE)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I purchased a "4.2A dual port USB panel mount" from Pilot Supplies and Aviation Gear from Pilotshop.com

Here's a pic of the one I chose:

It's 1 1/8" diameter. So I checked the dash, just ahead of the shift lever...on the left is a 12V port and on the right is a plastic "plug". Pull that plug, use a dremel tool or something comparable to grind off three little tabs in the hole. And there is a 1 1/8" hole the panel mount USB port will slip right into.

I did run wires from my under hood "Hot" distribution block so I always have power. Slipped the retaining nut over the wires, plugged the wires onto the mount, slid it into the hole and spun the lock nut on until nice and snug.

Here's a couple more pic's with information if anyone is interested:

Just what I chose to do...

Pirate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts