Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have searched quite a bit to try and figure out me new issue. Basically, the General is grinding from a start in high gear only. Low gear works perfect, but start from high and there is some sort of clanking which leads to a clanky start. I swear it sounds like the clanking is coming from the front, but alas it does it in turf mode as well as the others.

After researching on here a bit I thought maybe it was the belt. However, my General only has 75 hours and 330 miles.

Can anyone decipher anything from this vid? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Wow.
I agree with B above on not driving it.
Wish I could be better help.

Reactions: cmykpro

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I opened up the CVT drain plug and there was a build up of fine greyish dust. This video was after I already removed the bulk of the dust. Is this dirt/debris normal to find when opening the CVT drain?

I ordered a new belt just because. I'll be able to open her up tomorrow, but was just curious if this is normal.

TIA:coffee:

·
Registered
2022 general XP on the way
471 Posts
Well I opened up the CVT drain plug and there was a build up of fine greyish dust. This video was after I already removed the bulk of the dust. Is this dirt/debris normal to find when opening the CVT drain?

I ordered a new belt just because. I'll be able to open her up tomorrow, but was just curious if this is normal.

TIA:coffee:

That's definitely not normal for anyone that blows the clutches out frequently... you may find your issue is with your clutches...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the belt off, it definitely has some tearing on a couple cogs. But would this be enough to jerk the tranny like it did?
I have a Hunterworks belt coming this evening, we'll see if it solves it.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,542 Posts
Clean your clutch sheaves with some acetone or brake parts cleaner. Check for grooves or glazing. You can clean them up with a scotch Brite pad too. Blow all that dust out of there too. Let us know how it goes after the belt swap.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
If using a liquid or spray, put it on a rag and then wipe off the sheaves. Don't spray it on the sheaves as it can get down to the bearing if you use too much.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Did you order the white washer too?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts