Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tq wrench only goes up to 160. Looks like 180 is the spec. Is it safe to just take it to 160 and then maybe a half turn more on the castle nuts? I have the greasing tool but pretty sure I’m required to take that whole assembly off with the castle nut.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would wait for someone else with more knowledge but I think a half turn would put over 200 .
It dawned on me.. as long as the nut is in past enough for the cotter pin to go through I should be good. Hit it with the impact until it cleared the hole and I left it at that.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Never try to go higher poundage than what your torque wrench is designed for as that can throw off the calibration. Use a bigger torque wrench or use a ratchet or a power bar if you need to go higher than your torque wrench is designed for.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never try to go higher poundage than what your torque wrench is designed for as that can throw off the calibration. Use a bigger torque wrench or use a ratchet or a power bar if you need to go higher than your torque wrench is designed for.
Yes I know this. I just put enough on it to clear the cotter pin hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts