Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,554 Posts
I believe up to 7 zerks... but it varies by machine. Literally all of them are different for no apparent reason. Model/year seem to have no effect on zerk quantity...

2 on front sway bar
2 on rear sway bar
1 on slip yoke right in front of trans
1 middle of driveshaft
4 seaters may have another on driveshaft further forward

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,554 Posts
You have to clock the driveshaft right to see it, plus be looking in the right hole in the skid plate... but it's definitely there. The ones that seem hit/miss are the sway bar zerks.

The driveshafts are all the same... at least 2, maybe 3 on a 4 seater. I can't remember the 4 seater driveshaft zerks as I don't have a 4 seater...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I Realy don't see it there is only one hole on the skid plate that I can see the drive shaft.I would say it is middle of the bike and I can grease it.only other hole is for the oil drain plug.just lost at trying to find the other two.

· Registered
2021 General 4 XP Ride Command
293 Posts
Don’t know if what your machine is. But on mine I pull the storage box under the driver seat and it is just I. Front of the carrier bearing. A pain but can be done.
This is how I grease mine, there is one forward, and one to the rear, but you have to rotate the drive line because they are not in line. I grease the front one, throw it in neutral and roll it just a bit then I am able to see ( not really see, just feel) the one to the rear.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As usual papermaker your information was great, I found the one at the rear .I was looking underneath through the skid like the front one.but the rear was easy to find once I got looking in the right spot.Dam just had to look through the rear drivers wheel and bingo right in front of me. Feel foolish now but atleast I know now. Thanks for the help again.

Attachments

· Registered
6,227 Posts
No harm, no foul.
You aren't the first nor will you be the last that didn't find all the zerks.
You won't forget where they are next time, I bet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts