Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to see if anyone else is or has used their tablet/ipad for GPS function? If so how did you mount it? What app or trailmaps were you able to download to make it be used to the best of its ability? I have heard of VVmapping.com but am not sure if that will work with an Ipad. I live in Michigan so any information would be great
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Do a search on this site for GPS and you will fine a few threads on the subject! there is a few! :grin2:

Reactions: Trapper

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Were abouts are you in Michigan there is a few of us from Michigan! myself included!

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
I work in Reed City and live just south of Evart maybe will see you in the area sometime! witch general did you get have yet to see another anywhere around here yet!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I am looking to see if anyone else is or has used their tablet/ipad for GPS function? If so how did you mount it? What app or trailmaps were you able to download to make it be used to the best of its ability? I have heard of VVmapping.com but am not sure if that will work with an Ipad. I live in Michigan so any information would be great
Thanks
I use Vmaping in Michigan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the Vmapping seem to work well? I downloaded the polaris ride command to see what all it did. It appears to be nice but haven't been able to try it yet. The one thing I don't like is that you can't put it in landscape mode and the way I want to mount the Ipad is like FJK did in the center compartment

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I used it in a small gps and the screen was small and there were to many lines. I then put the card in my Garmin from my truck it is bigger picture and works very well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has any of you heard of or used Leadnav? It appears that it is more of a raving navigation but I am curious to know if it will work with trails for the GPS function and if trails can be downloaded to it. I don't want to spend the money until I know either way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts