Polaris General Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don't hardly drink liquor any more...but where is that dark chocolate/cashew toffee...what? I'm out?? Dang!!

And no, putzing around doing stuff to our toys is what keeps me going.

And it's why I planned well for retirement. I have a 40x60 steel building called, appropriately, the Toybarn. I've got more tooling in that building, there isn't anything I can't do...and what I can't hmmm...just need another tool or two.

Pirate
I have the same size building and it too is called the toy house :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am with Pirate on the straps over the wheels. I also used the e-track wheel chock so I park the same place every time.
They come right out when I need to do something else with the trailer and I have it marked where to put them back. Keeps my weight distribution about the same every time.
I do need to move my e-track possibly over a bit to make it easier it get out of drivers side. I am about 2 cheese burgers away at any given time to not make it out. Just not sure if that affects weight distribution left to right at all or not an issue. Anyone have an opinion or experience in that?
I would also like to run 120v circuit through it so I can plug in battery tender when stored and generator when camping. Never done that before but always feel like I am going to burn something down doing it myself.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It is a 2021 Cross Trailers Model 818 tandem axel, here is list,
  • (2) 5200lb Torsion Axles
  • ST225/75 R15 Radials
  • 2" X 6" Welded Tubular Steel Main Frame
  • 2 5/16" Coupler With A-Frame
  • Drymax Flooring
  • Plywood Walls
  • Seamless Aluminum Roof
  • Aluminum Screwless Exterior
  • Slant Nose
  • Rear Ramp Door with Transition Flip
  • RV Latch Side Door Entry ( 46") with Stepwell
  • 24" Gravel Guard
  • LED Lighting
  • GVWR: 9990lbs
The Height of Ramp door opening is 88"
I looked at alot of brands of trailers, they are all nice, Stealth had nice ones too as did haulmark. I wanted screwless exterior so that limitied my findings as well. All in all i am happy so far.
Thanks for the update. Will check those out. Been looking for a Sure-Trac +6" and can't find one now. Found a few back in November but got busy and couldn't go get it. Now that I have time, can't find one.

Reactions: Skawtty

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Bill,
In my first enclosed trailer, a 6x12...getting the RZR 800 in was getting to the point I simply couldn't get out...So I started driving up to the last point I could get out. Then hook the winch to center D-ring I put in...then just winch it in and tie it down. The General gave me no problems in the Toyhauler and it was 8ft 1in wide. So an 8ft 6in trailer should be easier....I hope!

Pirate

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Herdfan, Looked up Sure-Trak...so you're looking at a checker plate steel deck trailer? Moving equipment with steel or rubber track, or even tires...that's a no-no. The machine/vehicle will not stay in place.
Dad wanted to move the D2 Caterpillar dozer. Guy showed up with a steel deck trailer. Drove the dozer up on the trailer and it promptly started sliding off the right side, Dad back flipped off, and the dozer landed upside down. Thus I say no steel deck trailers.

Pirate

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got it today with tracks looks sweet, the general with tracks measured 78" tall (from ground to tip of roof)142" long and 71.5" width with tracks. I can easily open door to get out of trailer. I missed informed as it is 8ft wide not 8.5. But the height of trailer is amazing. Also got the sizmek upper doors in , installing in morning.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Where did you end up finding seizmik doors? Dealer in edmonton area? Price?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
@tmo1620 I ordered them through Mountains edge Polaris/yamaha dealer in sundre as he was the one that I got my tracks through and installed. Price on box was 819.99. Only 2.5 hr drive from edmonton picked em up and went ice fishing at sylvan. He said I got the last ones and he has a few others ordered.

·
Registered
29 Posts
@tmo1620 I ordered them through Mountains edge Polaris/yamaha dealer in sundre as he was the one that I got my tracks through and installed. Price on box was 819.99. Only 2.5 hr drive from edmonton picked em up and went ice fishing at sylvan. He said I got the last ones and he has a few others ordered.
Perfect, thanks for the info

·
Registered
900 Posts
Herdfan, Looked up Sure-Trak...so you're looking at a checker plate steel deck trailer? Moving equipment with steel or rubber track, or even tires...that's a no-no. The machine/vehicle will not stay in place.
Dad wanted to move the D2 Caterpillar dozer. Guy showed up with a steel deck trailer. Drove the dozer up on the trailer and it promptly started sliding off the right side, Dad back flipped off, and the dozer landed upside down. Thus I say no steel deck trailers.

Pirate
Nope. Not steel deck,

This guy right here. Ordered it and it should be here mid-February. This is a 6.5' tall, mine will be 7' but otherwise the same. 10K, torsions, 4100lb ramp, etc.

Reactions: Skawtty

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Perfect, thanks for the info

Be careful if you get these upper doors as i had to cut out a 1"x 2" square out of inner door as the tubing for front connection presses against inner door. Took me 4 hrs to finally do it (one side) as i put it together about 5 friggen times to see if i did something wrong. Dont know if others did this as i didnt find any post about it on google or this site. Watched the video from seizmik install, seems they didnt have same problem dont know why. 800+ bucks for upper doors only to cut out inner doors on a 25k+ machine sickens me. Didnt mind drilling the holes on top of outer door as it is covered by frame of the uppers. Wondering if I should email them or not? Haha ok I lied Now for some reason i looked and seizmik is on this site on the Vendor forum, read a few posts but they dont have an answer it looks like. Posting my findings there too.

Skawtty

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Nope. Not steel deck,

This guy right here. Ordered it and it should be here mid-February. This is a 6.5' tall, mine will be 7' but otherwise the same. 10K, torsions, 4100lb ramp, etc.

View attachment 68424
You didn't order a V front or is the picture misleading?

·
Registered
900 Posts
You didn't order a V front or is the picture misleading?
Picture is very misleading. Yes it is a V. Just the angle it was taken makes it look like a flat front.

Also, it is their car hauler, not a cargo so the V isn't quite as deep.

Reactions: Johnny 7

·
Registered
29 Posts
Be careful if you get these upper doors as i had to cut out a 1"x 2" square out of inner door as the tubing for front connection presses against inner door. Took me 4 hrs to finally do it (one side) as i put it together about 5 friggen times to see if i did something wrong. Dont know if others did this as i didnt find any post about it on google or this site. Watched the video from seizmik install, seems they didnt have same problem dont know why. 800+ bucks for upper doors only to cut out inner doors on a 25k+ machine sickens me. Didnt mind drilling the holes on top of outer door as it is covered by frame of the uppers. Wondering if I should email them or not? Haha ok I lied Now for some reason i looked and seizmik is on this site on the Vendor forum, read a few posts but they dont have an answer it looks like. Posting my findings there too.

Skawtty
What was the part number associated with the upper doors you bought. From what i have read the 016 part number is for 2016&2017 models, the 017 part numbered ones are different and are for 2018 and newer, i can find 016 numbered ones easy but the newer style without the cutting issue is all sold out everywhere i look

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
What was the part number associated with the upper doors you bought. From what i have read the 016 part number is for 2016&2017 models, the 017 part numbered ones are different and are for 2018 and newer, i can find 016 numbered ones easy but the newer style without the cutting issue is all sold out everywhere i look

Part number is 06017

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hmmm thats no good, i thought the 017 was supposed to be less cutting

Ya me too. Here are a few pics. Of cut not bad but shouldn't have to do it. Sent email the other day no reply yet.

Skawtty

·
Registered
2020XP4
810 Posts
No offense but there is no way in h3ll I would cut an opening like that in my doors. I would have waited and called them directly. Jody from Seizmik is a member here. They are great to work with. I thought I remembered where they were having to send updated parts out at one point. They had a design change and the warehouses still had the product with the old part in stock and fulfilling orders. I don't remember the details, there was a member here that was bent out of shape because they didn't bring all those products back to the manufacturing facility and swap the parts out. Maybe you guys are getting uppers that have sat in a warehouse somewhere for some time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
I hear ya but I'm not going to wait 3 -6 weeks to use my machine with doors. I can't sit at home waiting for new parts that probably won't come. I'm using this to go ice fishing and for a nice 200km ride and I'm going to be warm. Ya never know they might send me part and new inner doors :oops:

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 2 seat Deluxe
9 Posts
My General fits nicely in my new Stealth 7.5’ wide x 14’ long x 7.3’ tall. I have no plans for tracks in the next 5 years or so.

Dropped off for the new 6’ plow installation!

73C02E85-7018-4DCD-9D4C-261C21975B80.jpeg

Attachments

41 - 60 of 71 Posts