Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
The White Vinyl Ceiling Liner is an Option and it should be listed. Absolute must have if you want a dust free interior. I boondock camp as much as 10 miles off road in Wyoming and the dust filled Mirage Trailer was horrible. I sold that Mirage for $500 more than I paid for it and it wasn’t on Craigslist more than one hour. However, the Cargo Express Trailers aren’t cheap either.
I see, is it a custom build. I didn't find any on their website that match your dimensions

·
Registered
157 Posts
I see, is it a custom build. I didn't find any on their website that match your dimensions
Yes it’s a custom build in the XL SE 8.5 model. They will build it in a 16’ Length on special order. Since I have a F350 with a 9’ Camper I needed the extended frame 12“ as well. The Dealer had a special ordered 16’ on the lot that was sold and I really liked the build and the options available. That Sand Ramp Extension is a nice option plus the Beaver Tail Ramp.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Yes it’s a custom build in the XL SE 8.5 model. They will build it in a 16’ Length on special order. Since I have a F350 with a 9’ Camper I needed the extended frame 12“ as well. The Dealer had a special ordered 16’ on the lot that was sold and I really liked the build and the options available. That Sand Ramp Extension is a nice option plus the Beaver Tail Ramp.
Nice, how much did it run you?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Reactions: Corbo1962

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have another question for you all. When i have the tracks on and with the e track system. How do you tie down the unit in the enclosed trailer? When i have tires on i would use the wheel bonnets but now with the tracks I dont know? Also my know it all friend said never leave the unit in park while transporting? I find that kind of odd as I always put the unit in park while trailering. The rear, use the hitch bracket? Try to attach to the frame somewhere on front?

Skawtty

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
230 Posts
I always leave in park.

Can you attach to the A-arms as close to the wheel as possible?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I always leave in park.

Can you attach to the A-arms as close to the wheel as possible?
Ill leave in park unless there is a problem with that. Ill check and see if there is a different spot i can tie down to. If not a arms can do the trick until i get something else.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
We always leave in park also, plus use the "spring brake thingy".
Do not use the A arms to hold the machine. Use the frame if you can't find anything else to tie down to. Some have mounted a hold down on the lower front of the machine. Under the winch. Do not use the winch to secure the machine either.
Use your rear hitch in the back to tie down to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
We always leave in park also, plus use the "spring brake thingy".
Do not use the A arms to hold the machine. Use the frame if you can't find anything else to tie down to. Some have mounted a hold down on the lower front of the machine. Under the winch. Do not use the winch to secure the machine either.
Use your rear hitch in the back to tie down to.
I was looking at the attachment to use on front end might order one.
Thanks,
Skawtty

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
230 Posts
Do not use the A arms to hold the machine.
What is the reason for not using the A-arms? I have heard many recommend using A-arms.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
It all reverts to common sense. If you don't over tighten your straps it possibly could be fine. Some ratchet and ratchet and this can put to much torque on the A arms.
Polaris racing team told a group of this years ago. They said to "never" use the A arms to secure.
Take it for what it's worth.

Reactions: Skawtty

·
Registered
230 Posts
I’ve never used A-arms myself.....just wondering why a person shouldn’t use em.😜

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What is the width of the machine at the widest part with the tracks on?
What make of tracks?
I got it today with tracks looks sweet, the general with tracks measured 78" tall (from ground to tip of roof)142" long and 71.5" width with tracks. I can easily open door to get out of trailer. I missed informed as it is 8ft wide not 8.5. But the height of trailer is amazing. Also got the sizmek upper doors in , installing in morning.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Ya know Skawtty,
You should get basket type straps that to over the tires or over the tracks to tie you machine down. Thus you're not just compressing the suspension to hold the machine in place. But the tires
are locked in place so the machine don't move!!

Whenever my new trailer arrives...hopefully second week of January.... I've got four sets of basket straps and will put in four sections of E-track...under where each tire will be when ready to tie 'er down.

Are your going to paint the floor with a garage floor paint? Or like me, 1/4" rubber matting, as used in horse trailers, to protect the floor?

Just thoughts,

Pirate

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ya know Skawtty,
You should get basket type straps that to over the tires or over the tracks to tie you machine down. Thus you're not just compressing the suspension to hold the machine in place. But the tires
are locked in place so the machine don't move!!

Whenever my new trailer arrives...hopefully second week of January.... I've got four sets of basket straps and will put in four sections of E-track...under where each tire will be when ready to tie 'er down.

Are your going to paint the floor with a garage floor paint? Or like me, 1/4" rubber matting, as used in horse trailers, to protect the floor?

Just thoughts,

Pirate
Hey Pirate, Yes I am definitely looking to get those types of straps, As for the floor, I havent really figured out what the heck i am going to do so many options. The flooring now is a waterproofed wood so may wait until the spring when it warms up. So many things I want to do to this trailer. Insulate, put in vents, put in lights/electrical/battery/shelves etc.

Skawtty

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Skwatty,

So, like me, the trailer is going to be like the General...better have lots of room on the Credit Cards...

I have mine ordered with just steel wheels...going to have to do something to make it look better with the new Super C motorhome.

Then...hmmm....do I figure out how to put a fueling station for the General in the trailer?

Most is waiting for the trailer to show up...supposed to be next week!!!

Pirate

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Skwatty,

So, like me, the trailer is going to be like the General...better have lots of room on the Credit Cards...

I have mine ordered with just steel wheels...going to have to do something to make it look better with the new Super C motorhome.

Then...hmmm....do I figure out how to put a fueling station for the General in the trailer?

Most is waiting for the trailer to show up...supposed to be next week!!!

Pirate
Haha you are right aboiut the credit cards. Never ending. But keeps us from going insane putzing around doing stuff to our toys and it keeps the liquor vendors in business.:geek:

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I don't hardly drink liquor any more...but where is that dark chocolate/cashew toffee...what? I'm out?? Dang!!

And no, putzing around doing stuff to our toys is what keeps me going.

And it's why I planned well for retirement. I have a 40x60 steel building called, appropriately, the Toybarn. I've got more tooling in that building, there isn't anything I can't do...and what I can't hmmm...just need another tool or two.

Pirate

21 - 40 of 71 Posts