Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new 8.5 x 18 with v, 7.5' height, for the general. Was going to get the 18 plus 4' v but decided to stay safe with the 18. I have a 2020 at4 1500 with 6.2L so this will work. Dont get it till monday when I pick up the general with tracks. I'll post more pics with them installed. I got the e track in there as well. What other accessories should a guy put in there for storage and such? If ya want post some pics of what you have done to the trailers to accessorize it?

Thanks,
Skawtty

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
227 Posts
I’m wanting to upgrade to one of those but I need the 24 footer. To haul the G4 and 4 wheelers. And gear!

·
Super Moderator
3,064 Posts
Good call on going 8.5' wide. I have a 7' enclosed, and while it works, I better not gain any weight.

I cut in a counter top, and cabinet in the front of the V nose. Has come in very handy.

The wife gave it a slick paint job.
Also, insulated, and covered the ceiling. Wired in a couple led strips front and back, that have really been nice when trying to load up in the dark. No pics of the lights, though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice setup. I like the paintjob and the counter, nicely done sir. Was thinking up a plan to install 2-6v batteries/converter and put in some more lights and a 120v plug in for commercial /gen power.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
What is the width of the machine at the widest part with the tracks on?
What make of tracks?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are Camso UTV 4S1 Tracks , I will post all measurements L/W/H with tracks on Tuesday when I pick it up installed.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I've got a Haulmark 16 ft coming one of these days. Ordered it in September...now delivery is second week of January! Hope...hope...

I plan to paint the interior like MMX has done. But where I got mine, they sell a lot of horse trailers. They carry a 1/4" hard rubber (sort of) in a 60" width. So I'm planning to cover the entire floor with it. Then They carry a 48" width rubber matting for the walls of horse trailers. Think I'm going to use that on the walls.

Would like to put in a fueling station. Perhaps a poly tank with 12V pump and 12ft hose?

I'm getting tired of thinking of all these ideas and then delivery gets delayed again...danged COVID!!

Pirate

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Picked up a new 8.5 x 18 with v, 7.5' height, for the general. Was going to get the 18 plus 4' v but decided to stay safe with the 18. I have a 2020 at4 1500 with 6.2L so this will work. Dont get it till monday when I pick up the general with tracks. I'll post more pics with them installed. I got the e track in there as well. What other accessories should a guy put in there for storage and such? If ya want post some pics of what you have done to the trailers to accessorize it?

Thanks,
Skawtty

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
What Brand and model is that? That a good looking trailer and 7.5 feet tall is perfect. What is the height of the ramp opening?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What Brand and model is that? That a good looking trailer and 7.5 feet tall is perfect. What is the height of the ramp opening?
It is a 2021 Cross Trailers Model 818 tandem axel, here is list,
  • (2) 5200lb Torsion Axles
  • ST225/75 R15 Radials
  • 2" X 6" Welded Tubular Steel Main Frame
  • 2 5/16" Coupler With A-Frame
  • Drymax Flooring
  • Plywood Walls
  • Seamless Aluminum Roof
  • Aluminum Screwless Exterior
  • Slant Nose
  • Rear Ramp Door with Transition Flip
  • RV Latch Side Door Entry ( 46") with Stepwell
  • 24" Gravel Guard
  • LED Lighting
  • GVWR: 9990lbs
The Height of Ramp door opening is 88"
I looked at alot of brands of trailers, they are all nice, Stealth had nice ones too as did haulmark. I wanted screwless exterior so that limitied my findings as well. All in all i am happy so far.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Pirate
Did you go with 8.5' wide or just 7'?
7' wide is too narrow for our new XP. A darn skinny person can get in and out of it yet but not me, not even close anymore.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i wish i had a pick of mine installed, but......one of the coolest tricks i saw (and stole the idea) is hanging a shoe rack on the wall. it holds all my fluid bottles (oil, windex, wd-40, etc) shop towels, etrack rings when not used. just on and on. the one i have, i can fit a regular sized quart of oil in one of the pckets. works really well. and for $3.99 at the dollar store, can't beat it.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Johnny,

I went with the 8.5 ft width...why not? It's going to be pulled behind a Super C motorhome...so it's not like pulling a boxcar behind a pickup. Now to get a 7 ft tall opening at the ramp, I had to pay for the optional 7ft 6in interior height.

I have two friends that have relatively new trailers and both have done interior modifications...and I took lots of pics of their work. So I'll post a few for everyone to consider:

Lots of ideas to keep the CC maxed out and you busy!
Pirate

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
We order all our vehicles, toys, and trailers. That way we get them set up the way we want them.
Next enclosed with definitely be 8.5' wide. We order the extra height also.
We have 1 Aluma and 3 HaulMark enclosed trailers and all are aluminum. Aluma is hands down a better built trailer (our opinion) but of course way more expensive too. We keep 2 with us and the kids each have one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Johnny,

I went with the 8.5 ft width...why not? It's going to be pulled behind a Super C motorhome...so it's not like pulling a boxcar behind a pickup. Now to get a 7 ft tall opening at the ramp, I had to pay for the optional 7ft 6in interior height.

I have two friends that have relatively new trailers and both have done interior modifications...and I took lots of pics of their work. So I'll post a few for everyone to consider:
View attachment 68268
View attachment 68269
View attachment 68270
View attachment 68271
View attachment 68272
Lots of ideas to keep the CC maxed out and you busy!
Pirate
Lots of nice ideas thanks!
Happy New Years General people!

Skawtty

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have the 16 foot V Nose 8.5 Haulmark with a ramp door and 84 inch header height through out for my 2020 G4 1000 XP Deluxe. Very Nice enclosed trailer with the easy lub axles.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
It is a 2021 Cross Trailers Model 818 tandem axel, here is list,
  • (2) 5200lb Torsion Axles
  • ST225/75 R15 Radials
  • 2" X 6" Welded Tubular Steel Main Frame
  • 2 5/16" Coupler With A-Frame
  • Drymax Flooring
  • Plywood Walls
  • Seamless Aluminum Roof
  • Aluminum Screwless Exterior
  • Slant Nose
  • Rear Ramp Door with Transition Flip
  • RV Latch Side Door Entry ( 46") with Stepwell
  • 24" Gravel Guard
  • LED Lighting
  • GVWR: 9990lbs
The Height of Ramp door opening is 88"
I looked at alot of brands of trailers, they are all nice, Stealth had nice ones too as did haulmark. I wanted screwless exterior so that limitied my findings as well. All in all i am happy so far.
Thanks, the height is really attractive. What ever I go with will have to handle my buddy with 35s and 4inch portals. It looks like that one would handle the job.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I sold my 2020 16’ Mirage because driving on any dirt roads to our camping sites would fill the interior with huge amounts of dust. Ordered a 16‘ XL SE Cargo Express 8.5’ V Nose to be delivered hopefully in February. The Cargo Express has 83” Door Height with the Beaver Tail Sand Ramp. Screwless Exterior Siding and ordered a 48” Rock Guard and the Interior has a Ceiling Liner to keep the dust out.

Reactions: Skawtty

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I sold my 2020 16’ Mirage because driving on any dirt roads to our camping sites would fill the exterior with huge amounts of dust. Ordered a 16‘ XL SE Cargo Express 8.5’ V Nose to be delivered hopefully in February. The Cargo Express has 83” Door Height with the Beaver Tail Sand Ramp. Screwless Exterior Siding and ordered a 48” Rock Guard and the Interior has a Ceiling Liner to keep the dust out.
Is that a special custom build, I couldn't find it on their website

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is that a special custom build, I couldn't find it on their website
The White Vinyl Ceiling Liner is an Option and its listed on the XL SE 8.5 Series as a Option.
Absolute must have if you want a dust free interior. I boondock camp as much as 10 miles off road in Wyoming and the dust filled Mirage Trailer was horrible. I sold that Mirage for $500 more than I paid for it new and it wasn’t on Craigslist more than one hour. However, the Cargo Express Trailers aren’t cheap either.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts