Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I went for a ride on Sat along an old railroad grade which is now a atv/snowmobile trail. Lots of sharp ballast rock and the occasional rail spike. Well about 2 miles from the truck and WTF the drives side rear goes FLAT! nice jagged cut. I usually carry plugs and co2 cylinders for a quick fix but was thinking that shouldn't have a problem with 8 ply tires (will make that mistake again). Had no choice but to limp the general back to a gas station where they had a tire repair shop in the back. Luckily we didn't have to drive much further or the tire may have been shot as the rim was starting to expose the cords inside. A patch inside and a can of fix a flat and we were on our way. Will probably put a tube in the tire for extra peace of mind. Which brings up my next question, I put Big Horns (the original 8 ply) on our TRV due to not wanting to have to deal with flats and really like this tire. Being that they are both 8 ply I would think that the Coronodos and the Big horns share the same carcass? with the exception being the tread. Or, is the Big Horn a tougher overall tire? The Coronodo's are a new tire so not much out there for reviews yet. Looking at the Big Horns they don't have the same size as the Coronodo's so not quite sure what size to go with if I were to buy the BH's to replace the Coro's. What do you guys think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts