Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
This is my first SxS so I am not sure what to think about this.

After about my first 120 miles, I checked my radiator and saw some coolant way down in there. My overflow tank was completely empty as well.

I filled the overflow to the max fill line. Within about 5-10 miles (and cool down) it was halfway between min and max.

Sound like I have a leak to you? Once again, first SXS, so be nice. I am sure this is a dumb question.馃

Registered
2022 XP4 TE
Could be burping the system. I'd see if it could continues to consume coolant but I doubt it.
Do you get a maple syrup smell, any visible leaks? If you don't smell the engine burning it or see leaks then likely burping.

Registered
20 G2 XP RC
Yes, the dealer installed it before I took delivery. I watched an install video and knew that was not for me.
Keep an eye on the heat gage and coolant. If it keeps using allot or heats up too much, take it back to the dealer, as they may not have properly purged the air form the cooling system when they installed the heater.

There are plenty of threads on here re: this issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep an eye on the heat gage and coolant. If it keeps using allot or heats up too much, take it back to the dealer, as they may not have properly purged the air form the cooling system when they installed the heater.

There are plenty of threads on here re: this issue.
Thank you! I have been. It hasn't gone above 180 since I have owned it and it's been 80-100+ outside pretty much every day since I picked it up.

Registered
99% air trapped in engine. The dealer really should take care of this. It's a small pain in the butt to address it yourself.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will contact the dealer when they open tomorrow.
Overflow is at min now without riding it since the last check. Manuel says to fill the radiator level if the overflow has been empty. Should I fill that and to what level? To the very top?

The machine is sitting on very dry gravel and Idon't see anything under it. May slide some cardboard under later and then call deal tomorrow.

Registered
2022 XP4 TE
I'd top if off to max line and keep watching. I'm surprised you didn't show higher coolant temps, like 220 range. 180 max in those ambient temps also sounds suspiciously low. Even in 85 degrees, I'm hitting 204 regularly.
I'm guessing they just did a poor job purging system. Someone may have to crack the infamous bleed screw between on the block.

Registered
21 xp, full cab, 32"progrip k9 tires, emp front bumper and bad dawg rear bumper.
I had a polaris heater installed before i ever saw my machine and i too had coolant issues. They didnt get all the air out of the system all the way, or maybe at all i dont know but i hit 255 degrees on my first 50 mile ride. It actually shut down for safety reason of course.
I now have 2,100 miles and no sign of any damage but you may wanna try and get the air out if you can or get it to the dealer to do.

Registered
2020 general XP
Thank you! I have been. It hasn't gone above 180 since I have owned it and it's been 80-100+ outside pretty much every day since I picked it up.
Am I the only one who finds these operating temps odd? I run over 200 probably 95% of the Time? now I鈥檓 thinking I have a problem haha鈥

Registered
2022 XP4 TE
Am I the only one who finds these operating temps odd? I run over 200 probably 95% of the Time? now I鈥檓 thinking I have a problem haha鈥
See my earlier post. 200 to 210 when it's warm is no big deal and the norm for these things. If you're hitting 220 regularly then you may have an issue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts