Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!
I have a 2018 G2 “Hero L.E.” (The one that looks military). I’m wanting to add a glass windshield and wiper. I’m having difficulty locating one now. I know it’s getting hard to find a lot of things nowdays, but...dadgummit! I’m going with a poly rear windshield, so I can custom cut holes for my snorkels (with some edge trim to dress the holes up). But I’m wanting glass for the front, so the wiper doesn’t scratch it up.
SATV is only listing poly right now. Any hints/leads?
Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
654 Posts
Rocky Mountain atv
Check out the Tusk windshield. It shows they have 5+ in stock.

·
Registered
2018 Polaris General 1000 Ride Comand
211 Posts
It is hard to find one with so many to choose from. I have a Seizmik windshield now but since NC is going to be a street legal state I have ordered a Side By Customs windshield. Glass, with big lower vents and wipers. Also I like the fact it sits down in the ROP channel instead of sitting on top like the SXS USA windshield.

·
Registered
2020 general XP
103 Posts
I have the SXS USA windshield, bought it through my dealer not online. it’s great, has vents much like the SBC one that 34ford posted. Only thing Im Not 100% in love with Is the glass size. wish there was a little more glass. I feel like the bottom makes a pretty good blind spot.

·
Registered
2020 general XP
103 Posts
Side note, has anyone used vividracing.com to purchase parts and accessories? We ordered a rear windshield in June, communication really hasn’t been great. Apparently the window was on backorder, then they wanted to charge us an extra $100 for shipping, then backtracked and said not that much. I’m just curious if anyone’s had bad interactions with this website and whether I should back out on the purchase…

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
A lot of vendors offer free shipping. Shop around and see who has the best deal with everything included. Some outfits we just won't order from and nowadays there are too many shady characters out there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just purchased one from UTVzilla. It arrived within a week. Haven't installed it yet but it looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check out this guy, sxswindshield.com. They make awesome glass windshields that are vented. In stock as well and I was impressed with how it was shipped the next day. https://sxswindshields.com/
I saw this this morning. Wanting to get rid of my Tusk plastic windshield . I noticed this https://sxswindshields.com/ . Found out he was just over the mountain. 15 min. later I purchased one. This Guy makes them at his house. and he lives the dream. he wanted to install mine. love it. Support people like this. And has plenty in stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
654 Posts
How much are the windshields?

·
Registered
2020 general XP
103 Posts
I just purchased one from UTVzilla. It arrived within a week. Haven't installed it yet but it looks pretty nice.
which windshield did you get?
I saw this this morning. Wanting to get rid of my Tusk plastic windshield . I noticed this https://sxswindshields.com/ . Found out he was just over the mountain. 15 min. later I purchased one. This Guy makes them at his house. and he lives the dream. he wanted to install mine. love it. Support people like this. And has plenty in stock.
Love the Vents as well! theyre perfect for a summer evening ride after an AZ monsoon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was gona buy one of the razorback windshields for mine shoulda ordered a few days ago everything on there website jumped up about $200 so there goes that option was liking their rack also but those price jumps turned me away.

·
Registered
2020 general XP
103 Posts
Considering canceling my order with vividracing.com. They just told us the rear window we ordered is now on back order until september 1. Ughhh decisions decisions…

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Look into a Ryfab slider for a rear window.
Had them in our last 2 Generals and really like them.
Super easy to install too.
Can order direct from them or other suppliers.
We got our last one from Rocky Mountain ATV*MC with free shipping!

Reactions: 20GENNYXP

·
Registered
2020 general XP
103 Posts
Look into a Ryfab slider for a rear window.
Had them in our last 2 Generals and really like them.
Super easy to install too.
Can order direct from them or other suppliers.
We got our last one from Rocky Mountain ATV*MC with free shipping!
That is exactly the rear glass im waiting on. i ordered through Vivid racing and they're saying the manufacture has them on back order until September 1. imm look to go directly through them and see if the can get one out an faster.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Everything Polaris Razor has a DOT glass windshield by emp for $400, which they swear will be shipping next week (we’ll see). Has wiper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts