Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my general on its side yesterday. Am I the first one to do this. It was a very slow roll. The only damage to the general is a broken shifter.
We are both sore but still smiling, the seat belts work very well. The only reason for the broken shifter is because after releasing my seat belt my fat butt took it out on the way to the ground. We hooked the winch up and flipped it right back up with no problem.
I don't think my daughter in-law is gonna ride with me again though lol. It was crazy how slow it rolled over. It was so slow I was able to talk her through the whole rollover while it was happening.
We were riding in a large field and I cut the wheel hard back to the left and it griped and over we went. :surprise:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Several people in town here have mangled arms or hands from rolling and either not being able to suppress the natural instinct to put your arm out, or having it thrown out via centrifugal force. I got a pair of the arm restraints that hook into your safety harness.. Now if I would just wear them! ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see how easy it would be for that to happen. My daughter in-law started to put her arm out. I told her as it was rolling to put your arm back in. I just grabbed a hold of her and pulled her towards me. Then told her it was going to be ok to just relax, over it went.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad both of you are ok. Was just saying to my wife as we were whipping doughnuts is a bean field yesterday how stable and confidence inspiring the general is. Told her when I do roll it, it's going to be epic. Knock on wood. Hopefully not. Thanks for the reminder to be careful because it will bite you. Also interested to know how the door held up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doors did much better than i thought they would. When we got it back up right I just new there would be some damage to the doors. There is not even a scratch.Simply amazing like I said other than the broken shifter from my butt, all good. I also figured out that a standard lug wrench fits on the broken shifter very nicely. go Mcgivier

·
Registered
50 Posts
Doors did much better than i thought they would. When we got it back up right I just new there would be some damage to the doors. There is not even a scratch.Simply amazing like I said other than the broken shifter from my butt, all good. I also figured out that a standard lug wrench fits on the broken shifter very nicely. go Mcgivier
That's quite impressive, I bet engineers that designed them possibly looking at this thread are probably smiling at the fact those doors saved you from a lot of damage.

One more point for the General, not the type of thing you can find in reviews. Which is great for potential owners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I flopped mine yesterday trying to climb over a rock. I backed down a little bit to reposition and the left rear went up a bank. Over she went. It cracked the door a little and the plastic down by the gas tank from landing on rocks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I certainly won't let this mishap stop me. I have had 2 rzr's, a Ranger crew, and now the General. This is the first time I have put one on it's side. You can kind of see the scuff on the top right of the door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rolled and Damage Report

Yes they do! This is my friends General with less than one payment on it. His 21 year old son hydroplaned it and rolled it 1 1/2 times landing on the passenger side. I would estimate speed at 45 mph. Passenger door is separated and will not close properly. Roll cage is destroyed, and i believe the frame is bent under the plastics. Occupants OK, and did not eject. Like a good neighbor-State Farm will be called to adjust! ~ I will keep you posted. BTW I own a 2015 S900 and love it better than this thing.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Welcome to the site Quicksilverf4i glad everybody okay ! Nice looking ride!

Reactions: Trapper

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Yes they do! This is my friends General with less than one payment on it. His 21 year old son hydroplaned it and rolled it 1 1/2 times landing on the passenger side. I would estimate speed at 45 mph. Passenger door is separated and will not close properly. Roll cage is destroyed, and i believe the frame is bent under the plastics. Occupants OK, and did not eject. Like a good neighbor-State Farm will be called to adjust! ~ I will keep you posted. BTW I own a 2015 S900 and love it better than this thing.

And from what I have seen and picked up here in Michigan it will be totaled. got a few that didn't look half as bad totaled! INS. is a good thing!! :grin2:

Reactions: Trapper
1 - 20 of 24 Posts