Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Quick question on the 2020 XP clutching. Who makes a solid kit? I’m currently running one and I’m not overly impressed. I live at 4000 ft and ride at 7-11,000 ft. I’m just looking for a overall solid setup.

·
Registered
783 Posts
What I did to my XP that really woke it up was, The giloman ECU tune and his recommended kit.

I also added the mudder spring that gives more resistance to the secondary opening up keeping you in the power longer. I also installed the hunter works secondary rollers, not a performance upgrade but helps your clutch live longer. The tune is going to add 8-10 HP and do some other cool things. Click on the link and read about it. I actually bought a second ECU from him for the tune and will eventually send in my for the upgrade to have a spare. But didn't want to not be able to turn the vehicle back to stock for warrantee purposes. I've been very pleased with the tune and performance of the machine.

Reactions: Johnny 7

·
Registered
783 Posts
So I actually got the Black Max clutch kit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s what I have and I’m not impressed......at all. I’m guessing they haven’t tested this kit before releasing it. All they recommend is “pull some weight out.” Imho opinion they need to head out and test

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I'd recommend taking a look at the DuraClutch kit. I think I have the 2nd on produced.

Works just great with the GI ECU program. Had the DuraClutch since Sept 2017 and Terry's ECU program since March 2018. Both work great. No desire to change either one.

Pirate

·
Registered
116 Posts
If your looking for a well rounded clutch setup for your current clutches, Dalton is a tough act to beat. Their stuff is well thought out. It’s all they do.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd recommend taking a look at the DuraClutch kit. I think I have the 2nd on produced.

Works just great with the GI ECU program. Had the DuraClutch since Sept 2017 and Terry's ECU program since March 2018. Both work great. No desire to change either one.

Pirate
Can you give me a detailed breakdown of what how the Dutaclutch acts vs the factory clutch please?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts