Polaris General Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s a long way from Mexico to Newfoundland!
The machines arrive at the dealer by truck freight.
The Shop I work at has had an XP on order since mid Summer.
No sign of it yet.
Hopefully your new XP goes together better than the last 2020 G4 I built.
All kinds of QC issues. Mainly in the welding of the ROPS.
I don’t think you’ll need a sub in the new General. The RF audio system is way better than the old MTX.
Except , on a RZR XP Pro with RC that I built. The RF system combined with RC didn’t sound near as good as the RF in a non RC General.
I’m still perplexed as to why everyone thinks they need RC. A $300 tablet works just as well.
Billings? If so, I saw that XP in the showroom a couple days ago.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It’s a long way from Mexico to Newfoundland!
The machines arrive at the dealer by truck freight.
The Shop I work at has had an XP on order since mid Summer.
No sign of it yet.
Hopefully your new XP goes together better than the last 2020 G4 I built.
All kinds of QC issues. Mainly in the welding of the ROPS.
I don’t think you’ll need a sub in the new General. The RF audio system is way better than the old MTX.
Except , on a RZR XP Pro with RC that I built. The RF system combined with RC didn’t sound near as good as the RF in a non RC General.
I’m still perplexed as to why everyone thinks they need RC. A $300 tablet works just as well.
Billings? If so, I saw that XP in the showroom a couple days ago.
Not sure what you mean by this? Billings is a place I assume? I’m in Newfoundland, Canada.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I sent off an email to factory UTV regarding the 1/2 skid for my XP 4. Do you guys think a skid for the 4 1000 would be a fit for the XP 4 1000?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Haven't been driving the general much this week. Just one 66km ride for an ice-cream with my 4 year old.

Been a busy week with a head on collision at 45km/hr. Someone gave the 'death wave' to oncoming traffic trying to make a left across their lane and mine. I was driving straight in the outside lane. the guy cut right out in front of me and I had no chance to stop. boom goes the dynamite as they say. I had my 4 year old and 1 year old boys with me. I was pretty angry. Both the boys were fine, no injuries at all. I attribute that to the 5 point harnesses and the 1 year old to still be rear facing. Me in the standard seat belt didn't do as well. mild concussion and grade 3 whiplash injury. Getting better everyday though.

In other news I got to plow some snow with the general, worked perfectly. I was impressed. Also installed my fire extinguisher with the Scosche mounts which I highly recommend. Here are a couple pictures from the last week. Hoping to change out the rollers on Tuesday when my boys are in daycare. Cheers everyone.

Jon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
How are those Polaris uppers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
How are those Polaris uppers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They absolutely do the job. On top of the door there is a Velcro strap to pull the upper tight and make a seal. That needs to be there as you can see daylight through the top otherwise. Also, others have stated the Polaris uppers don’t fit properly. I had my dealer install these and the fit seems fine to me. I wouldn’t be without upper doors.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Glad to hear you made it OK minus off course your injuries. They will heal and hopefully soon! At least the boys never got hurt. People are in such a rush nowadays and they don't pay attention while driving. One has to drive so defensively and as you well know accidents still happen.
Your General sure looks sweet and sounds like it is working well.
Stay warm!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
hey everyone,
I changed out the secondary rollers and after just 500kms there was signs of wear. Thanks again to Todd for our quick conversation yesterday to answer my questions regarding the install. I, like Todd, just used an impact to reinstall the secondary back on the machine. I just attempted to use a torque wrench but it was basically impossible as i was either spinning the clutch or driving the machine back and forth in the garage. I will caution that the bolt holding the clutch is soft as butter so be careful not to over torque.

Another issue I ran into was my clutch spreader/shock spanner tool will not fit my XP shocks. I checked with my dealer and its the correct part number. I assume Polaris dropped the ball on this one or they decided not to develop/include a proper spanner for the new shocks or forget that the previous version will not fit the XP shocks. Anyone have any advise for me? My dealer can't find a spanner that fits. Thanks.

Jon.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hey Jon,
Next time you talk with your dealer confirm with him that the 2020 Generals do NOT have EB (electronic braking) in the clutch anymore.
Also ask if they changed the gearing in the XP being they are running 30'' tires.
Would like to find out if any changes in the clutches or gearing being they went with bigger tires.
Thanks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey Jon,
Next time you talk with your dealer confirm with him that the 2020 Generals do NOT have EB (electronic braking) in the clutch anymore.
Also ask if they changed the gearing in the XP being they are running 30'' tires.
Would like to find out if any changes in the clutches or gearing being they went with bigger tires.
Thanks!
EB = engine braking
No electronics in the clutches

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hey Jon,
Thanks!
EB = engine braking
No electronics in the clutches
Apparently the XP uses the primary from the RZR. I haven’t heard anything about the gearing or engine breaking being different but I can say that on my ride today I spent a good amount of time in 4 low and 2 low. Seemed to slow itself down to a stop even on moderate downhill decents. Here’s a couple pictures from today.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When I put my rollers in, i noticed that the engine breaking cut out was not in the secondary. I put the spare set of rollers in my buddy's 2019 general 4 RC and he had the cut out for the EB. So the 2020 XP doesn't have that kind of engine breaking. Is it possible for the breaking to be in the primary? By the way, we both saw signs of wear, had 88 miles on mine, and he had 26 hours on his. Roller upgrade is a must IMO

·
Registered
31 Posts
jmarch331-, is that the Polaris removable glass windshield and Polaris wiper blade system? When not turned on, do you find the wiper blade in the way of your view out the front? Also, if you remove the windshield, is there a quick disconnect for the wiper electrical connection? I assume the wiper motor is physically attached to the windshield. Thanks! Awesome looking rig.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sent off an email to factory UTV regarding the 1/2 skid for my XP 4. Do you guys think a skid for the 4 1000 would be a fit for the XP 4 1000?
Did they get back to you? I took the Factory UTV 3/8 skid and rock sliders off my 19' and put them on my XP? Fit just fine for me, all the holes lined up perfectly. You still have to drill and tap (or rivet nut) the front dif plate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, just bought a 2020 General 4 1000, I never owned a side by side, so I'm pretty much a newbie. Of course I ran a tank of gas to break it in but last weekend, we did a long ride about 8 hours, not straight we did take breaks, but at the end of our ride and on our way back to camp my check engine turned on and lost alot of power, anyone might know what could be happening??

41 - 58 of 58 Posts