Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Our machine shipped two days ago so I figured it was time to start a thread for Dory/The Smurf (4 year old hasn’t decided yet! Ha!)

The parts ordered so far include:
RC package with stage 4 audio
Front glass window
Rear poly panel
Upper canvas doors
Polaris heater
Click-n-go plow system

In the next few months or before the spring I’d like to add:
grizzztek full protection
Dual gun rack lock and ride system

Over the next year or so I’d Iike to add a full skid plate, light bars, lift, bigger tires, lock n ride cargo bin, as well as rock sliders.

When the machine arrives I’ll be posting pictures and possibly a walk around video with some talking/reviews as there isn’t anything online I can see for the XP to date. Hope it arrives soon!

·
Super Moderator
4,124 Posts
Don't forget to post some pics. Sounds like a lot of work to come!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thats awesome! Last I heard on mine was 2 weeks, but haven't heard anything since then. I can't wait to see your pictures and compare notes when mine arrives. I'm really proud for you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't forget to post some pics. Sounds like a lot of work to come!
Thats awesome! Last I heard on mine was 2 weeks, but haven't heard anything since then. I can't wait to see your pictures and compare notes when mine arrives. I'm really proud for you.
Lol. Proud of me!? Thanks I guess! I’m certainly looking forward to it landing. My dealer is a friend of mine and said he’d text when the truck arrives so I can come over and watch it get unloaded and built. I think he’s as excited as I am.

·
Registered
81 Posts
"Proud for you" not the same as proud of. Just a saying we have in my part of Texas that means we're happy with you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Proud for you" not the same as proud of. Just a saying we have in my part of Texas that means we're happy with you.
Sorry I miss read your reply. I keep blaming my 1 and 4 year old as I haven’t had a good nights sleep in over a year. So yes, thank you, much appreciated.

I think it’s awesome that people all over NA (and maybe further?) are on this forum sharing their experiences. Texas is a long way off from where I am.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello jmarch,

I have been thinking about a new XP. Been doing the build on the Polaris web site. I added the RC package with stage 4 audio. then want to add the heater also. Not a choice after you have the audio added. Leave the audio off the build and you can add the heater.I went to Rockford Fosgate web site and it says not compatible with in cab heater. What im seeing is the sub enclosure interferes with the cab heater.

I have not been to a dealer, did yours say anything about this? Did you get your new XP in with the added options you have listed?

Thanks Muz

Reactions: Johnny 7

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey. Thanks for the heads up. My dealer has the heater ordered and never mentioned that fit would be an issue. This should be interesting to find. I’ll definitely keep everyone posted when the bike arrives and I find out more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spoke with my dealer first thing this morning. They were unaware of the issue but called Polaris and opened a tech support claim. Apparently they’ll hear back on it today. Will post when I know more.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My buddy has a Rockford sub in his 900s. It mounts behind the dash. Basically where the heat exchanger for a heater would go. I don't see both fitting, but please report back what the dealer says.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dealer let me know Polaris says you can’t install heater and the sub. When the machine arrives we’ll see if there is a way to relocate the sub in the dash or elsewhere in the machine and if not then the sub will have to go as I need the heater here on the east coast of Canada. We are getting nights below 0c already and winter isn’t far off. The snow can fly as long as June some years here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tic tock. Still no general in my garage. It’s been almost 6 weeks, dealer told me it would be two weeks max. Not super happy about it but it’s out of the dealers hands apparently. Not even able to see where it is in shipping, the online status update the dealer has is that it was shipped and now is in transit. Bummer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tic tock. Still no general in my garage. It’s been almost 6 weeks, dealer told me it would be two weeks max. Not super happy about it but it’s out of the dealers hands apparently. Not even able to see where it is in shipping, the online status update the dealer has is that it was shipped and now is in transit. Bummer.
It’s a long way from Mexico to Newfoundland!
The machines arrive at the dealer by truck freight.
The Shop I work at has had an XP on order since mid Summer.
No sign of it yet.
Hopefully your new XP goes together better than the last 2020 G4 I built.
All kinds of QC issues. Mainly in the welding of the ROPS.
I don’t think you’ll need a sub in the new General. The RF audio system is way better than the old MTX.
Except , on a RZR XP Pro with RC that I built. The RF system combined with RC didn’t sound near as good as the RF in a non RC General.
I’m still perplexed as to why everyone thinks they need RC. A $300 table works just as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My buddy has a Rockford sub in his 900s. It mounts behind the dash. Basically where the heat exchanger for a heater would go. I don't see both fitting, but please report back what the dealer says.
Does anyone know if the 400 watt amp is packaged within the subwoofer unit? I’m curious as I’ll be removing the subwoofer in exchange for theatre as mentioned, and didn’t know if I’ll also be losing the amp.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This finally showed up after 6 weeks. I’m uploading from my phone. Not sure on the picture quality so sorry if it’s sub par. This picture is from my dealer. I’ll be going to see it Monday morning likely and will get a lot more pictures and information for the thread. Super excited. Dealer said the blue looks great in person and the tires are “massive” haha!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Can't wait to see if you can get the heater put in it.
Enjoy and congrats on it coming in!

·
Registered
681 Posts
As mentioned, you can not have the Stage 4 and heater at the same time. Relocating the sub is not likely to be an option either. The heater box takes up all the room behind the dash on that side and the hoses take up nearly every square inch of space along the top of the dash. I'm also told by dealer personnel that the sub enclosure itself is massive so finding another location will be tough. Please keep us posted on your solution.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts