Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here mounted a Polaris Glacier plow mount kit on a 2020 general? I am trying and I have questions about it and Polaris is not able to help at all

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The instruction sheet is very vague. Im not quiet sure where the mounting bracket goes above Did you have any problems or are there any tricks i might need to know
Thank you
I recently installed the Glaicer Pro HD on on my 2020 General XP4.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The bracket goes behind the front bumper and on top of the front diff bracket. Remove the front bumper and the lower plastic radiator cover and you will get a much better idea how the bracket fits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I removed the bumper and the Plastic faciaHowever there is no where to mount this plate

·
Registered
715 Posts
I mounted mine last year on an 18 G2. It was pretty straight forward.

Screenshot_20201111-095316.png

I'm at work, but I'll try and look at lunch time. I'll get pictures if I can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That bracket did not fit on my 2020, I figured my XP had a slightly different bumper. The plow works fine without it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Bumper is the same, frame changed.

Screenshot_20201111-143626.png
Screenshot_20201111-143852.png

That bracket should (in my opinion) go behind the bracket in the middle of the frame above the slot the winch cable comes through (red arrow). The bolts will go straight down into the nut plate. Then when mounting the plow bracket the bolts will go through the 2 holes (blue arrows) into the bracket.

Screenshot_20201111-143626~3.png

My machine doesn't have that cross piece. But the XP has a one piece beefier frame. That must be part of the reinforcement enhancements.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 XP 1000 DLX
16 Posts
so how’s it look? I am in the middle of mounting on a 2021 XP. The directions are horrible. My fair lead is on the bumper and the instructions say to mount on plow mount which doesn’t make seem correct.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so how’s it look? I am in the middle of mounting on a 2021 XP. The directions are horrible. My fair lead is on the bumper and the instructions say to mount on plow mount which doesn’t make seem correct.
You don’t need to use the mounting bracket supplied with the kit. The mounting plate will bolt directly to the frame without that mounting bracket you do need to pull the lower front body parts out so you can slide the plow mounting plate underneath it fairleed will come off of the bumper and mount onto the plow mounting plate

·
Registered
18 Posts
You don’t need to use the mounting bracket supplied with the kit. The mounting plate will bolt directly to the frame without that mounting bracket you do need to pull the lower front body parts out so you can slide the plow mounting plate underneath it fairleed will come off of the bumper and mount onto the plow mounting plate
This is how I did it on my 2020 XP 4.

·
Registered
2021 XP 1000 DLX
16 Posts

Thanks. I’m sure it will go easier from here on out lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts