Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced my buddy on the General against his maverick on a long straight stretch of black top in front of his house had him beat from get go I pulled away and he couldn't catch up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any other differences?

As a XXC owner, I think to sell it and to buy a General. Did you find out any other differences?

Just thinking about engine braking (which I like much more as it is implemented in the XXC over the one from my RZR 800).

Whats about the seats? Are they removable and do they stand free?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
As a XXC owner, I think to sell it and to buy a General. Did you find out any other differences?

Just thinking about engine braking (which I like much more as it is implemented in the XXC over the one from my RZR 800).

Whats about the seats? Are they removable and do they stand free?

Thanks!
Welcome aboard Vuko!!:grin2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks to all of you! :grin2:

I am from Austria/Europe mostly riding in the Romanian woods, so basically hard trail riding. With a lot of weight. This is for my purpose also the biggest drawback of the XXC. The payload is very low and I ride all the time with too much weight :surprise:

The weight comes from the accessories and the minimum luggage needed to stay 1 week + out in the woods.

Also interesting for me is the front locker in the General. How is this technically solved? Automatic locker like in the RZR with the plastic cage, which breaks easily or Visco like in the XXC? Changed the XXC also to a Halo locker cause the Visco burned during the first competion.

Thanks and greetings from Austria... :nerd:

·
1,563 Posts
No. I can see where that would be helpful,but not on the General.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome Vuko, i would say that low range would be your eco mode. you will not get better gas mileage by yes stretch of the emanation but the throttle response is cut in half. great for crawling over rocks.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, that is like the Eco mode. The XXC in high gear you can switch between "Sport Mode" (101 hp) and "Eco Mode" (41 hp and slower pedal response). In low gear it is fixed to "Eco Mode", but with a so called "Sport Mode override" you can switch in low gear to the full 101 hp.

I use low+Eco for crawling but sometimes I also need low+Sport Mode override for mud to clean the tires faster.

So maybe there will be a similar after market part like the sport mode override for the General... >:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great. I have a commander and XP 4 1000. The general would replace the commander. The commanders engine braking is awesome. It's been a really good machine for what I use it for, but isn't great on the trails. I am hoping for a mid year color change for the general deluxe and then I believe I'll take the plunge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts