Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into tracks yet?

The part number listed for the track mounts in the Polaris General brochure cross references for a 2015 RZR 900 eps. I'd like to get the Tatou 4S tracks, but I'm sceptical to buy the tracks for the 900 eps and be stuck with them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the video link.

I got a bit confused around the 26 second mark. The gas cap appeared to be on the driver's side. Then I noticed the words Polaris and General were backwards!!:confused::confused:

My Polaris dealer can get me the Prospector Pro tracks but the msrp is $5900 for tracks and $590 for mounts. I prefer the price of the Tatou 4S.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the video link.

I got a bit confused around the 26 second mark. The gas cap appeared to be on the driver's side. Then I noticed the words Polaris and General were backwards!!:confused::confused:

My Polaris dealer can get me the Prospector Pro tracks but the msrp is $5900 for tracks and $590 for mounts. I prefer the price of the Tatou 4S.
would winter rubber/chains not do the bit?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much are a set of Tatou 4S tracks? They don't mention it on their site.
My buddy had a set installed on his RZR for $4500 Canadian. Our dollar being so pathetic these days, that probably translates to about $45 US :grin2::surprise:

Camoplast has a minimum advertised price policy, so most dealers don't bother listing a price. When you do see a price, it's going to be msrp.

I talked to a local dealer today and he said if I see an advertised msrp price, expect a minimum $1000 less.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice! Even with the sad Canadian dollar people can get $200-$1000 off the MSRP.
So everyone can do this! (Not actually a General with tracks still soemthing for the bucket list)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a price yesterday of $4200 for tracks and $150 for install. This is for the Tatou 4S. Commander WSS4 are the same price. both prices are based on the RZR 900 Trail.

Still no listing for the General and I haven't received confirmation that the tracks are the same as the RZR 900 trail. Just basing this on the listing for Polaris tracks in the brochure and cross referencing with their part # for the 900.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got a price yesterday of $4200 for tracks and $150 for install. This is for the Tatou 4S. Commander WSS4 are the same price. both prices are based on the RZR 900 Trail.

Still no listing for the General and I haven't received confirmation that the tracks are the same as the RZR 900 trail. Just basing this on the listing for Polaris tracks in the brochure and cross referencing with their part # for the 900.
$150 for install? Sounds like its super easy, something that could be done in the garage.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$150 for install? Sounds like its super easy, something that could be done in the garage.
Apparently there's a tool required for tightening the springs. I haven't seen it yet but my buddy said he had his done the first install and after that he doesn't need adjustment for another year or two. He puts his on first of the winter and takes them off in the spring.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Paul H, Is there a limit as to how deep of snow they can run thru or are they unstoppable on tracks? Not looking to purchase, Just curious. They do look awesome with tracks on

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paul H, Is there a limit as to how deep of snow they can run thru or are they unstoppable on tracks? Not looking to purchase, Just curious. They do look awesome with tracks on
A friend of mine in NL had a set on his Ranger. He said they have good flotation and he's pushed his limits, but he also doesn't get too risky. I guess once they're stuck.......they're stuck good!!

He showed me a pic from last winter where he stopped, stepped out of the Ranger, and the snow was up past his knees.

We don't get a huge amount of snow where I generally ride in NS, but when we do get snow, the snowmobile clubs frown upon atv/utv's using their trails. With tracks, they don't generally complain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
well I'm getting my general this Saturday and I'm putting a set of t4s on mine with the razer mounting kit. I will let ya know how it goes with pics

1 - 20 of 60 Posts