Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 General 1000 EPS w/ Ride Command
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be adding a plow in the short term. Is there one that is better than another? Specifically is there one that reduces or eliminates ground clearance loss vs attaching further back on the frame for more stability?
My first thought was just to go with the one that doesn't impact my ground clearance without taking the plate off every spring. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2020XP4
1,001 Posts
Polaris Pro HD plow setup is really nice. Doesn't reduce ground clearance at all. Adds a bash plate to the front of the machine. You don't have to remove anything when not using the plow. Very easy on and off. I found my plow setup used. It has power angle too. It can get pricey, but works great.

·
Registered
2017 General 1000 EPS w/ Ride Command
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polaris Pro HD plow setup is really nice. Doesn't reduce ground clearance at all. Adds a bash plate to the front of the machine. You don't have to remove anything when not using the plow. Very easy on and off. I found my plow setup used. It has power angle too. It can get pricey, but works great.
Yeah, I would love to have power angle as well. I just don't think I will have that much coin to drop. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Make sure you get a wide enough plow so that when you angle it, it is pushing the snow past your tires.

·
Registered
109 Posts
MotoAlliance makes a nice plow.
I have a 72" MotoAlliance Pro Series, which is what they refer to as a County Plow, as it is shaped as such. I had it on our Wildcat Limited, and when we sold that for our general, I just purchased the mount for the general.

It has worked well, and it is well built. My only complaint is the mount does reduce ground clearance. That's not really an issue for us, until our trip to South Dakota recently, as it caught a stump at the wrong time (hill descent) But it was strong and took out the stump. Now I could have removed it as easily as it was put on. It literally took me minutes to bolt it up. So it's more of an inconvenience as to if I want to pull it off in the spring.

I really do doubt there are many mounts that won't hang down as there are very few points that you could bolt something up. If there is, you probably can't remove the blade as easily as the two pins when using a proper mount.

Good luck either way!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the motoalliance one as well, after my first ride with the bracket mounted it took away alot of ground clearance, I ended up ordering highlifter arms and 30" tires and wheels all the way around, haven't plowed with it yet, but man what a difference in the machine

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the motoalliance one as well, after my first ride with the bracket mounted it took away alot of ground clearance, I ended up ordering highlifter arms and 30" tires and wheels all the way around, haven't plowed with it yet, but man what a difference in the machine
And conversation went something like this, "Yeah honey, I had to order a $1000 in parts to allow me to plow better, no I couldn't just take the bracket off in the off season, it doesn't work that way"

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am going to be adding a plow in the short term. Is there one that is better than another? Specifically is there one that reduces or eliminates ground clearance loss vs attaching further back on the frame for more stability?
My first thought was just to go with the one that doesn't impact my ground clearance without taking the plate off every spring. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks,
I have the Polaris pro mount and it doesn’t hang down at all! Very nice design. This is my third utv with a plow and it is the best one yet. I put rear tire chains on and plowed almost all winter in two wheel drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
KFI has a really nice system for the General. I am running the 72" poly blade and it works great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts