Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 4 seater ride command. I installed super atv a arms and tender springs front and back and was still rubbing with 30" tires in articulation situations behind the headlights. I added a super atv bracket lift on the front only. I have no more rubbing issues but I now have very little travel in my shocks. What did I do wrong?

· Registered
2020XP4
2,350 Posts
Would it have helped if I had cranked down on the springs more? After hunting season I'm taking the bracket lift off before I ruin my shocks
You can gain clearance with preload yes, to a certain point, then you make the springs to stiff. I ran 30" Carnivores on my 18 with stock arms. I never rubbed unless fully compressed and wheel turned to full lock. You're rubbing in the front, behind the headlights though?

· Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,311 Posts
When you say "very little suspension travel" what exactly are you referencing?

Are the shocks now topped out all the way?

Is the suspension that stiff that it doesn't hardly move?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,022 Posts
Learned this on my RZR 800 a lot of years ago. It is very easy to crank down on preload to get more clearance...until you turn the shocks into steel bars. Then you start braking lift kit brackets,
chassis pieces, etc. So you have to repair all those...and then get your shocks to Shock Therapy for the RIS2 upgrade and their dual rate shock set, Then you can get it all working right!
Pirate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts