Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing. Add offset wheels and bigger tires and you will be taking a mud bath every time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pacerperformance.com

Flex Flares, they might work. Should look good and not break when they take a hit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'am shuremudbusters.com will be jumping in with some flares very soon, had a set on my 13xp 900 ranger they were preety stylish and did the job they were supposed too, though some complained they wouldn't hold up too a hit from a tree, some people expect a little too much at times!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'am shuremudbusters.com will be jumping in with some flares very soon, had a set on my 13xp 900 ranger they were preety stylish and did the job they were supposed too, though some complained they wouldn't hold up too a hit from a tree, some people expect a little too much at times!!!

Keep us posted for sure!

·
Registered
223 Posts
:surprise: What kind of fender flares can take a hit from a tree?

Something rubber or silicon. I made some on my Commanders and they never tore or broke while rubbing against trees. They looked nice as well. Notice the extensions on the OEM wheel flares.

But the General will need more I think.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,000 Posts
Something rubber or silicon. I made some on my Commanders and they never tore or broke while rubbing against trees. They looked nice as well. Notice the extensions on the OEM wheel flares.

I did not know Michelob Ultra and Fireball was standard on the Commanders??? LOL!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts

Those look nice GJCOMMANDO! Nice Commander too. What are the flares made of and how did you attach them. I agree the General will need to be wider.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Those look nice GJCOMMANDO! Nice Commander too. What are the flares made of and how did you attach them. I agree the General will need to be wider.

Went to Lowes and got some black silicon garage door door trim - the stuff for the bottom of the door. Bought 100 self tapping screws and some flat washers. Total was around $30 bucks and about an hour. It added 1-1/2" extension and kept a ton of mud at bay. In that pic they are 3 years old.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone put any fender flares on yet or any ideas? I think the pacer performance are a good idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts