Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
It is definitely different than RZR or Ranger. I bought a spare at the dealer. They looked it up, ordered some and sold me part # 3211196 BELT-DRIVE, 10.5, CD Retail price is $200 yikes! The package says SNOW/DIRT Drive Belot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The belt is 42" outside diameter and is just a hair over 1.25" wide at the outside.look around at belt makers websites and you can find a gates belt and a dayco belt replacement. It's the same belt as a 1997 kawasaki prairie 400 4x4.
29G4077 is the gates # I bit the bullet and smoked my first belt at about 10 hours and paid 199 for a replacement belt, measured it and found a different belt maker.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The belt is 42" outside diameter and is just a hair over 1.25" wide at the outside.look around at belt makers websites and you can find a gates belt and a dayco belt replacement. It's the same belt as a 1997 kawasaki prairie 400 4x4.
29G4077 is the gates # I bit the bullet and smoked my first belt at about 10 hours and paid 199 for a replacement belt, measured it and found a different belt maker.
That has to be tough on the initial break in period to smoke your belt that early in the break in.:confused:

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
Belt Change

Decided to check out my belt because I could smell it the day I got stuck in 2 feet of rotten snow, belt looked ok, when I was cleaning the housing I removed I notice there was evidence of belt slap where it rubbed on the case a little:smile2:. Is that normal for only 120 miles? I went ahead and put a new belt on it anyhow will keep the other as a spare

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you are looking for a belt, I just picked up a Gates C12 CVT Belt for $82 from Hunterworks.com with free shipping

1 - 20 of 43 Posts