Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Polaris general forum. This is my first post and I would like to get some help with my general deluxe sound bar. There was a post on here that I thought I read about someone wiring a switch for the radio so it will play without the key on. I wired my ranger like that but I did the entire install so instead of hunting down wires (tearing **** apart) I was wondering if the person who did this to there general already could give me some direction on wire location
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
The three wires that connect under hood at three terminal buss bar, red, brown, orange with white strip. The red is 12 volt supply, brown is ground, and orange and white is key switch power (12v while key is on). If you connect the orange and white wire on the terminal along with the red you can play stereo with key off. Or you can run that wire to a switch like mentioned in the original post. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great I was hoping Polaris was using that buss bar for stereo power. Thanks catman1120 I also never thought of just wiring it without the switch great idea!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wired mine to work with the switch off. Look under the front ""hood" where the air intakes are. There are three posts from the battery located there. One post is negative, one is positive, and one is positive while the switch is on. This is where the stereo gets its power from. All I did was move one wire from the switched positive post to the other positive post. Now we can listen to the stereo while taking a break and enjoying a beverage!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Warning this is not how you wire this!!!! The top wires are the same, the middle wire goes to acc stud on Terminal. Bottom left white wire goes to ground. And bottom right goes to power all the time. I was stupid and did not take a pic of it. If this does not work let me know and I will break out the ol ohm meter out and figure it out again. And yes I have done it but it took me a few mins to figure it out. And this is more of an accessory switch. Your under dash lights stay on, and tail lights.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
348 Posts
I said that wrong black wires go to ground. Middle goes to accessory. Bottom right goes to power. And bottom left goes to accessory. Now this should be right

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you move the correct wire under the hood to the red terminal the radio will work with the key off. That one wire is ONLY for the radio and will not run anything else. If it's running something else you did it wrong. Also be aware, the radio will now always draw 0.027 amps even when off. After a few months of sitting the battery might be too low to start. Just a warning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts