Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a general on order. Looking to get plastic roof and front and rear windshield. Utvdirect has a spike brand kit which seems like a Good deal but has very few reviews , it has hard coated vented front windshield , vented back windshield, and poly roof for $750, but I read a review that said the roof isn't watertight and leaks, but that may have been installation error. Pretty much decided on their windshields but torn between the spike roof, cooter brown roof, and factory polaris roof. Any one have any experience with the spike or cooter brown roof?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get the best...the Pure Polaris glass front and rear windshields. They mount easy, can be removed easily, the front is prepped to add the windshield washer/wiper kit.
You can also order the liner for the Polaris roof. Helps with sound deadening.

I have zero complaints with any of the three...and I've had them since Dec 2015.

Pirate

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 Deluxe
170 Posts
I like the Polaris windshield as well, and my deluxe came with the Polaris roof. Really, considering what we do with these machines even my roof leaks at the front if I really smash the water, so does my dash, floor, windshield, firewall, center console.. etc... I have been spending some time sealing some of this up. there are lots of holes to seal in the firewall.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I only have two issues with the Polaris accessories. First, there's a high likelihood whatever you want is on back-order. Second, the prices are very high. Don't count the aftermarket vendors out as there are many items that are very high quality for much less than OEM and they may satisfy your needs as well or better. By carefully researching and buying aftermarket (with feedback from owners on the forum), I was able to outfit my machine with everything I wanted from the beginning and I have no regrets. There are fine (glass/vented) windshields and back windows (probably the most commonly purchased accessories) available from respected vendors, not to mention mechanical upgrades. Do your research, ask questions, and you'll make decisions you won't regret. Good luck everyone. - Mark

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 Deluxe
170 Posts
for sure the OEM stuff is way over priced. I have on order the OEM roof headliner now for 2 months.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I lucked up and got a OEM roof on Ebay from a closing dealer for half the price. It was perfect no issues. I went with the EMP front and back windows - I did this because i needed my light bar to be mounted below the roof line to fit in my toy hauler. I liked the OEM flip out window but that was kinda high. I saw the OEM glass window that was fixed, but I cold buy the front and rear for the same price, and add the light bar mounts.

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
599 Posts
I’ve got a spike roof. I like it really well. I also took silicone and filled all gaps and holes where water could come in. I’ve had no experience with other roofs, but I like the one I got. It does what I need it to. Protect me from the sun mostly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts