Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 2022 General XP2. I haven't taken it down extreme declines, but I have found that feathering the throttle while going downhill keeps it from freewheeling and going too fast. I'm used to this because I came from a Sportsman quad where I did the same thing. The declines I did go down were in low, and at first I was pretty surprised at how little brake I had to use. Everything in the drive train on mine is stock.
Someone on here was recently talking about renting some machines and comparing, so you may want to do that before you decide. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I usually just use 4wd on steep loose down hill and then the EBS on the Can Am will slow you as it shouldn’t !!!! I thought that the EBS was specifically for down hill Decent !!! My Can Am will loose traction also on steep loose down hill there for I use 4wd !!!
I have a 2020 Can Am Commander and a 2022 General and so far the General is way easier to ride. Have only gone on a couple climbing rides and didn't even shift out of high and had zero issues. The Can Am would have made me put it low. Also didn't have anything funky with the General on the downhills. They both have a purpose.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts