Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If they were all the same price, which upper doors would you go with? Polaris? Spike? Seizmik? Others? I'm seeing that NONE of them are perfect. I'd just like to get some that work well, go on/off fairly easily and are actually available. Made in the USA would be a plus.

· Registered
68 Posts
If they were all the same price, which upper doors would you go with? Polaris? Spike? Seizmik? Others?
"If they were all the same price" isn't a fair comparison in itself. You'd obviously go with the OEM as they're the most expensive, most elaborate and Polaris has to back them. Other lesser models are designed with budgets and intended usage in mind. For example, compare the OEM, Spike, Seizmik and Tusk (in descending price order). The OEM and Spike use full perimeter frames that rest on the doors themselves and have weatherstrip and locking mechanisms to match. The Seizmik and Tusk frames are less elaborate and rest on the doors, but the canvas is secured to the door top with velcro, a much less expensive design that simply overlaps the door top and doesn't require additional framework or weatherstrip. The Tusk (which I have) doesn't even have weatherstrip around the canvas, but it fits quite well in the ROPS and will keep the wind and rain out of your face. All of them mount similarly and require holes in the doors and mounting brackets installed. They're all made well enough to function as intended, but your decision should be based on other factors like, will they be permanent mounted or for occasional use? Do you do ice fishing or ride in the desert on cool mornings? Do you have deep pockets or need to work within a budget? A decision solely based on perfection will likely result in disappointment. My needs are modest and the ones I bought (Tusk) are adequate for my use. (I dislike velcro and fitted mine with marine grade snaps instead.) There are other brands that haven't been mentioned here, but there's tons of experience here on the forum and your comparison research will vastly help your decision. Good luck. - Mark

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"If they were all the same price" isn't a fair comparison in itself. You'd obviously go with the OEM as they're the most expensive, most elaborate and Polaris has to back them. Other lesser models are designed with budgets and intended usage in mind. For example, compare the OEM, Spike, Seizmik and Tusk (in descending price order). The OEM and Spike use full perimeter frames that rest on the doors themselves and have weatherstrip and locking mechanisms to match. The Seizmik and Tusk frames are less elaborate and rest on the doors, but the canvas is secured to the door top with velcro, a much less expensive design that simply overlaps the door top and doesn't require additional framework or weatherstrip. The Tusk (which I have) doesn't even have weatherstrip around the canvas, but it fits quite well in the ROPS and will keep the wind and rain out of your face. All of them mount similarly and require holes in the doors and mounting brackets installed. They're all made well enough to function as intended, but your decision should be based on other factors like, will they be permanent mounted or for occasional use? Do you do ice fishing or ride in the desert on cool mornings? Do you have deep pockets or need to work within a budget? A decision solely based on perfection will likely result in disappointment. My needs are modest and the ones I bought (Tusk) are adequate for my use. (I dislike velcro and fitted mine with marine grade snaps instead.) There are other brands that haven't been mentioned here, but there's tons of experience here on the forum and your comparison research will vastly help your decision. Good luck. - Mark
Thank you for the detailed response!

· Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe RC
157 Posts
I have Spike uppers. I have never seen Polaris OEM. Before I bought mine, I talked to two guys that knew each other. One had Spike, and the other had Seizmik. They both agreed that they liked the Spike better. At high speed, air pulls my Spike uppers out where the frame starts to curve at the front/top. I would not trailer with mine on. Other than that, I am very satisfied with mine.

· Registered
2021 General XP 4 (On Order)
75 Posts
Which ones are easiest to remove?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.