Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I sat in an R-Max with the real intention of trading my 2020 General; I didn't like the way it felt. And they are kind of too busy, too much going on, hard to look at, dash looks even cheaper than the General; The are kind of like a deformed transformer. And again, it was huge, I know it's only a little bigger than the General, maybe close to the General XP, but the dam thing is as large as my two door jeep, which I have a two door jeep already, I don't need another one.
To each his or her own, I hope you find good info on the Yamer-Hamer forums.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Did you join the forums just so you could revive a 2 month old thread and rant about your Rmax in?

I'm glad you are enjoying your machine, personally I would hate having to look at one of those things in my shop.
Im thinking he needs to take his weird looking wife and side by side and go somewhere else lol.. i mean he cant get mad if we all make fun of him.. who takes the time to make a profile on a forum for a machine they dont have just to tell us how not good it is... glad u overpaid for a yamaha now git haha is all i can seem to think

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im thinking he needs to take his weird looking wife and side by side and go somewhere else lol.. i mean he cant get mad if we all make fun of him.. who takes the time to make a profile on a forum for a machine they dont have just to tell us how not good it is... glad u overpaid for a yamaha now git haha is all i can seem to think
Classic

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 General XP Super Graphite
50 Posts
Lack of bed space? The Rmax bed is slightly bigger than the General bed and the towing is 500lbs more. Not sure on your comments on that. The Rmax to me feels more sporty but still does all the work the General will do if not more due to higher ground clearance, better suspension, higher rating for towing, 8 more HP and the transmission is light years ahead of the General- no clunking when shifting. I came from Polaris this Rmax truly beats the General in the first year and the inside feels more like an automotive than a buggy full of plastic like the General.
I said lack of storage space........................ IN THE CENTER CONSOLE, and cargo bed utility. Center console storage must mean Bed now i guess...

The bed of the Rmax does leave ZERO options to mount any rack etc though. Yamaha box, bolts to bed.. rails of bed are uneven and not weight supporting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I literally just logged on to start this very thread word for work....how wonderful it is already here! Please keep responding with all the info you have. My specific question is how do the 3 machines compare for ride quality? I have a very bad and unforgiving lower back and am looking for the most plush ride possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I literally just logged on to start this very thread word for work....how wonderful it is already here! Please keep responding with all the info you have. My specific question is how do the 3 machines compare for ride quality? I have a very bad and unforgiving lower back and am looking for the most plush ride possible.

Thanks!
Not sure how tall you are, I’m 6-3 200-lb; one thing I wish with the Genera, I wish the seat went back a little further. 2-3” more leg room would be awesome. I have not been a big Polaris fan or owend one for many years but one thing I can tell you is they have always been one of the nicest riding and most comfortable machines out there.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Have had a couple Rangers, a 17 General and now a 21 General XP and there is no comparison in any of them to the XP. Rides and handles so much better, hands down the XP wins!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks guys. I am 6-1 and I have to use a 2 inch bamboo cushion in all my vehicles and all my chairs at work and home. So that would give me a bit more legroom. Sounds like the xp is the way to go...but wow what a price increase from a regular general.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Forgot to add after rereading your post about your bad back, I have had 2 major neck and 5 1/2 major back surgeries. I find the XP doesn't hinder me at all but everyone is different. Also the terrain and speed on which you ride has much to do with the ride of the machine.

Reactions: Backlash

·
Registered
2021 General XP Super Graphite
50 Posts
Also the terrain and speed on which you ride has much to do with the ride of the machine.
I sold my Wildcat Trail (to my dad) when I bought my General XP. I have messed my back up throughout the years and the Trail didn't bother me unless I "accidentally" became airborne ;)
With the XP the Walker Evans shocks are a huge improvement, not to mention 30" tires over the 27's i put on the Trail. We rode on a road last weekend that was extremely bumpy, washed out, rocky, just nasty.. Keeping it between 15-20mph most of the time I managed to rattle the cover loose on the steering column it was so bad.. but my back was fine.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts