Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have finally gotten the XP in at the shop. I just finished assembling the 2 door premium and the 4 door deluxe RC. The RF Sound system is worlds better than the old Mtx.
They def sit higher with the 30” tires. It does feel like some clutch work was done. Low feels a lot lower now. Steering is a bit harder with the bigger tires. The arched A-arms are pretty beefy. The fuel tank now has a guard at the rear if it.
Several other additions for the XP that aren’t on the 2020 General.I’m liking the new body colors.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Force,
My wife and I just recently purchased a 4 xp. I have nothing similar to compare it to. Since you put these together all the time, is there a difference in the axle size. They look bigger than the ranger we had,but don't about the general. Have you measured them?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Force,
My wife and I just recently purchased a 4 xp. I have nothing similar to compare it to. Since you put these together all the time, is there a difference in the axle size. They look bigger than the ranger we had,but don't about the general. Have you measured them?
I haven’t measured them...yet. I’ll look on the parts schematic and check part numbers.

·
Registered
562 Posts
We have finally gotten the XP in at the shop. I just finished assembling the 2 door premium and the 4 door deluxe RC. The RF Sound system is worlds better than the old Mtx.
They def sit higher with the 30” tires. It does feel like some clutch work was done. Low feels a lot lower now. Steering is a bit harder with the bigger tires. The arched A-arms are pretty beefy. The fuel tank now has a guard at the rear if it.
Several other additions for the XP that aren’t on the 2020 General.I’m liking the new body colors.
I see you commented on the low gear feeling lower, I was told when I got mine that they made a gear reduction on the XP but were still secretive about it. Can you try to find out just what the reduction is and post. Thank you

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the 2020 Generals and General XP have a different part number for the front axle assembly and the actual shaft than 2019 and previous. Not sure on diameter of shafts tho and I only checked the front axle half shaft.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see you commented on the low gear feeling lower, I was told when I got mine that they made a gear reduction on the XP but were still secretive about it. Can you try to find out just what the reduction is and post. Thank you
I don’t know for sure but my guess is they changed the primary Helix and spring to compensate for the bigger tires on the XP.
[email protected] might have a better idea.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Force,
This last weekend a friend with a 2019 RC 4seater was at the house and when they were side by side, the axles looked to me to be the same diameter. The different part numbers could be explained in the extra 1 inch longer drive shaft to accommodate the extra width the XP is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts