Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled her up and went for a long ride with a bunch of friends. Probably 20 miles.

Gas gauge was at full the entire day...never went down at all.

When I got back, I filler her up again and it took around 2 + gallons.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Our 2017 General has a gas gauge that always reads full even after running it all day. I wondered if it was a loose wire or jammed float in the tank. It didn't occur to me that it might me the instrument cluster. Will take it in while its still in warranty.

Doc

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
After reading this will keep an eye on it! Always look at it when I start it make sure there is gas and never really pay much attention to it. I just assumed it was not going to be as good on gas as Ranger was but who knows!

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you filled it up to running over, I am not sure you would see a drop in only 20 miles. I have filled it up to running over, then went 80 miles and showed a 1/2 tank. On a slow rough WV trail mostly in Low Range,l I have measured 11 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm having some problem with my gauge only reading a half tank when full. Took it back to my dealer and the mech. said it was the fuel pump. I was told it's an integrated unit,gauge and fuel pump together. So they have to replace entire fuel pump. Have extended warranty and it should cover it, but if not I'm not shelling out $600.00 for a new pump. I'll just deal with the bad gauge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts