Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Garmin Montana 600 that I use in my XP that I'd like to use in my General as well. I had it mounted to the steering column on the XP but with the gauges on the General where they are I'm thinking in the empty spot in the the dash.

Anyone mounted one yet that found a place they like?

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have an Oregon 650t that I'll be mounting with a Ram mount. Probably on the dash somewhere. Real easy to do.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided that the open hole above the rocker switch panel was where I'd go with it. Need to get all my switches and accessories installed into my replacement General after totaling my first one! I had my XM radio in the spot to the left of the GPS and it fit well so I'll probably put it back there.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
I've been using a Garmin Zumo 660 for about 8 years now. Had a mount for it on the dash in the RZR 800, but don't want to do that to the General.

I had noted the "pocket" in the dash above the switch panel and figured that would be a good place to mount the Zumo...but how? Looking on Garmin's website they now make a "hard wired" mount for the Zumo. Got that. Gads, it comes with four cables. One for power, one for headset, one for microphone, one a mini-USB. I only need the power cable, but have to deal with the 1" x 1/2" fitting where the cables split.

So I sat down and designed a plate that would cover the "pocket" in the dash...so that all the extra cables could be wadded up in the pocket. A rectangular opening to pass the cord, and a 3/8" steel block to offset the GPS mount as its thicker at the bottom where the cable is attached.

I cut the two pieces on my PlasmaCam. Took a couple tries to get the size just right to fit over the "pocket" opening. Here's a SnagIt clip of the cut pieces:

The plate fits right against the plastic face of the pocket. So after getting all the wiring and testing completed, I put dots of black RTV on the pocket face and set the plate in place and pressed it against the face of the pocket spreading the RTV and I hope making for a good adhesion.

Here's the mount final mounted in place:

And here's another view showing the location of in reference to the dash switch console:

And last, here's pic of the GPS in place, powered up, and ready to go!!

Pirate

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2021 General 1000 Deluxe
192 Posts
I have a Garmin Montana 600 that I use in my XP that I'd like to use in my General as well. I had it mounted to the steering column on the XP but with the gauges on the General where they are I'm thinking in the empty spot in the the dash.

Anyone mounted one yet that found a place they like?

I have the Ram powered mount with window suction on the left bottom of the windshield.

Garmin Auto Suction Cup Mount with Speaker

Visit the Garmin Store

4.4 out of 5 stars 323 ratings

| 4 answered questions

Price:CDN$ 68.28

Get a $50 Amazon.ca Gift Card instantly, plus up to 5% back for 6 months after approval for the Amazon.ca Rewards Mastercard.
Pay $68.28 $18.28 for this order after approval.

May be available at a lower price from other sellers, potentially without free Prime shipping.

New (11) from CDN$ 68.28
Package Type: Standard Packaging

ColourBlack
BrandGarmin
Item dimensions L x W x H14.1 x 10.8 x 6.1 centimeters
Item Weight6.4 Ounces
About this item
  • Auto Suction Cup Mount
  • Compatible With Montana 600, 650 & 650t
  • Compatible With Montana 650
  • Compatible With Montana 650T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts